Raspberry Pi version? Apple M1 SoC native support

Rich Sadowsky

25 Nov, 2020 07:03 PM

Hi, with Apple coming out with M1 SoC now, and Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM available, I would love a benchmark that would be compiled or built for any combo SoC/CPU or OS combination. I see you sell this at a reasonable price. Does it come with source code so you can build your own version on a platform such as Pi 4 on Raspberry Pi OS (32-bit) or Ubuntu 20.04 (64-bit running on Pi 4)? I'm fine with having to run ./configure and then make, then make install. I can also fix simple compilation errors.

Assuming you don't offer source to allow recompiling ourselves, this would still have value to me if there was an Intel MacOS version, an M1 MacOS version, and Raspberry Pi versions for 3b+ and 4 with Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspian). If this isn't the right tool for my use case (establishing baseline benchmarks for Intel/ARM Apples, Raspberry Pis), is there anyone aware of something like what I describe?

1. 1 Posted by scott on 29 Nov, 2020 12:22 AM

Looks like the latest version (5.3) is a universal binary that supports Apple Silicon:
    https://www.geekbench.com/blog/2020/11/geekbench-53/

I too would like a version for Linux on ARM for Raspberry Pi and similar devices. I doubt we'll be able to build it ourselves (since it's closed source) but I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult for Primate Labs to offer a compiled ARM CLI version alongside the compiled x86 CLI version.

Even if it's offered as a 'beta' or untested build with no guarantees it could be useful.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 01 Dec, 2020 06:11 PM

The wide variety of SBCs (and the distros that run on them) make providing a single Geekbench for Linux/ARM binary difficult. That said, we're hoping to release something that supports the RPi by the end of the year.

3. 3 Posted by scott on 01 Dec, 2020 07:17 PM

Great news!

Let me know if you need a beta tester with a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev. 1.1 running Raspberry Pi OS 10! :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac