VoodooPad 6 Wishlist

John

15 Aug, 2018 03:53 AM

It's been eight months since Primate Labs acquired VoodooPad. We're starting to think about what we want to include in VoodooPad 6. Some things, like iCloud support, are obvious. Other things might not be, so I wanted to create a thread where users could tell us what they want (or what they don't want) to see in VoodooPad 6.

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by macosxguru on 15 Jan, 2019 08:56 PM

In Markdown mode, I would love to be able to change the line spacing and the paragraph spacing.

macosxguru

2. 62 Posted by buysj on 23 Jan, 2019 01:54 PM

Dark Mode for Mojave would be great. I love that VoodooPad is getting updates again. Thanks for taking this on.

3. 63 Posted by Jacob on 09 Feb, 2019 03:04 PM

I would love a port to iOS, Windows, and/or Android. Cross compatibility is cool.

4. 64 Posted by Byron Fergerson on 11 Feb, 2019 10:04 PM

Button for random page
    Export to OPML

5. 65 Posted by daftxxxu on 14 Feb, 2019 03:38 AM

I would love a mind map to show the node structure of all pages in the document.

6. 66 Posted by Jacob Barton on 14 Feb, 2019 02:14 PM

I definitely want this also...and would volunteer to put in some hours of
    researching existing frameworks that could be integrated.

Anybody else remember when Facebook drew a graph of your friends network? I
    think they cut that feature in about 2004 :P

7. 67 Posted by Chris on 21 Feb, 2019 01:01 AM

I've been using VP since 2004 I think, and I began using the web server options for distributing notes on our works Intranet to my staff. I was fantastic. I wouldn't miss that anymore since I've changed careers a dozen times but I still love VP as a digital notebook. However, I've been moving away from it because of the lack of parity between iOS and macOS. In order, here's what I'd like to see, in order of priority. The first two are basically deal breakers that keep me from using it it currently.

1. Markdown parity between macOS & iOS
    2. Ability to sketch on iOS
    3. iCloud or better DropBox support
    4. Dark Mode
  8. 68 Posted by Byron Fergerson on 21 Feb, 2019 02:53 PM

Is Voodoopad still being supported? Can't seem to get a response from them
    by email or thru this.

9. 69 Posted by Clayton on 03 Mar, 2019 05:36 PM

For me Voodoopad has been the most elegant note making app I've ever used. If I'm making notes on a course I'm taking and I want to put all of the info into one large document that I can have right at my fingertips then I know what to use. I can write up pages and pages of stuff on my computer and then view & edit (sort of) on my iPad, perfect. Keep it fast & clean and I'm happy.

The idea of a personal wiki is something I'm surprised Apple hasn't stolen and put into their notes app. VP6 should be be a day one purchase for me.

10. 70 Posted by Pete on 07 Apr, 2019 08:46 PM

Any word on a release date? Looking forward for iCloud document sync support so I can finally ditch Dropbox!

11. Support Staff 71 Posted by John on 08 Apr, 2019 02:56 AM

I'm hoping for Q4 2019. Pete, are you interested in iCloud across both macOS and iOS?

12. 72 Posted by Wim van Gruisen on 08 Apr, 2019 06:47 AM

I would be. I want to be able to access the same files on my Mac and my iPad or iPhone.

13. 73 Posted by Pete on 08 Apr, 2019 11:19 AM

Yes, I want iCloud document sync because I want a non-Dropbox way to keep my VP documents in sync across both macOS and iOS.

That and the best encryption possible for VP documents and I'm just waiting to throw my money at you for VP6 $ $ $ $ $!

14. 74 Posted by svs on 08 Apr, 2019 12:08 PM

Currently I won’t be throwing any money in VPs direction. Since VP’s launch and subsequent total lack of development from the last two companies who purchased the app, tech has moved on. I do 50% of my work on an iPad Pro, so without a companion app on iOS, I will not be buying. The current iOS app is woeful. No home button and no search. This makes the app unusable for me.

15. 75 Posted by Matt on 09 Apr, 2019 01:41 AM

I'll be happy to upgrade to version six with no new features but continued updates to work on future versions of OS X. I don't need it to do anything new. The main issue I have with software lately is not the lack of new features, it's the lack of backward compatibility given Apple's rapid release cycle.

16. Support Staff 76 Posted by John on 11 Apr, 2019 03:48 AM

svs, I understand your frustration. While the VoodooPad 5.2 and 5.3 releases contained a number of user-facing improvements, the majority of the work went into modernizing the VoodooPad codebase and merging the macOS and iOS codebases. This work was important and fixed whole classes of issues, but was invisible to most users.

I'm excited about VoodooPad 6.0 and how it's coming together, but most of our work is focused on the Mac application. I hope we'll be able to improve the iOS application as part of the VoodooPad 6.1 release, and I hope you'll check it out once it's available.

17. 77 Posted by svs on 11 Apr, 2019 10:19 AM

Hi John,

I appreciate the complexities of keeping software up-to-date and will most certainly take a look. A wiki is missing in my toolkit. However, as I'm working equally on an iPad Pro, I'm only contemplating solutions that will work equally well on both devices.

Simon

18. 78 Posted by Hawfinch on 13 Apr, 2019 04:32 AM

iCloud sync needs to be a priority now that Dropbox have introduced a 3-device limit for free account holders. This decision by Dropbox effectively turns VoodooPad into a subscription service for those of us with more than 3 devices.

19. 79 Posted by Eden on 05 May, 2019 10:06 AM

I'm glad VoodooPad isn't discontinued. I really can't wait to have the Dark Mode feature as it's one of my only App not in dark on my dark mode session. It's kind of annoying, but I'll wait for VoodooPad 6 as I doubts you'll release it under VoodooPad 5...

A brand new sketching feature would also be welcome. VoodooPad 5 is already a mature software so I can't think about additional content except maybe iCloud support as you suggested.

You'll probably want to change the software design such as icons, display, etc. to make it looks brand new. You may consider updating the logo, adding a new Todo List. Be able to have a distraction-free feature that help us concentrate on our writing, etc.

There are a lot of potential.

20. 80 Posted by Mark on 17 Jun, 2019 07:20 PM

Hi John,

I was just wondering if you can give us any update on VP6? I'm dying to ditch Dropbox in favor of storing all my critical files in iCloud Drive. Can you confirm VP6 will support iCloud Drive? Any word on when it might launch?

21. Support Staff 81 Posted by John on 18 Jun, 2019 01:54 AM

VoodooPad 6 will support iCloud Drive. We've got a prototype that uses iCloud to sync files across macOS and iOS and so far it's working well.

We're still hoping to ship VoodooPad 6 by the end of the year.

22. 82 Posted by SF on 18 Jun, 2019 04:38 AM

Any chance of drawing/sketching ability on iOS versions for 6? I understand they announced at WWDC that usnig their palette for the pencil is supported and supposedly very easy.

23. 83 Posted by jetsgaudin on 28 Jun, 2019 01:51 PM

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with 8 Go of memory. From my point of view I want a VoodooPad 6 that: 1) doesn’t take too long to load (mine takes up to 4 minutes but sometime loads almost instantaneously) 2) doesn’t freeze (mine freezes regularly and I have reported it to Primate Labs 3) is synced with icloud (which supposes a decent iphone appli) 4) the ability to export part of the programme (e.g one heading with all of its links) 5) a “split document” that works.

24. 84 Posted by Andrew on 28 Jun, 2019 06:14 PM

I have VooDoo Pad on a 2011 MacBook Air and it runs fine. If it is taking 4 minutes to start up sometimes, that is probably an OS or hard drive problem.

25. 85 Posted by jetsgaudin on 29 Jun, 2019 02:40 PM

Thanks for your comments. I would be interested to know what an “average” time of loading would be. In particular I would like to know how to shorten that time!

26. 86 Posted by Stan on 29 Jun, 2019 05:13 PM

So when is this new version coming out? Is there a beta...anything?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac