VoodooPad 6 Wishlist

John

15 Aug, 2018 03:53 AM

It's been eight months since Primate Labs acquired VoodooPad. We're starting to think about what we want to include in VoodooPad 6. Some things, like iCloud support, are obvious. Other things might not be, so I wanted to create a thread where users could tell us what they want (or what they don't want) to see in VoodooPad 6.

Showing page 4 out of 4. View the first page

1. 91 Posted by John on 08 Sep, 2019 09:58 PM

I finally got a reply from Primate Labs ... and tried my registration info again and it works. I don't know whether it was just me not doing it correctly before or something has changed but a suggestion for anyone else who had the same problem - maybe try again...

Thanks to Primate Labs (John) for the reply. Looking forward to version 6 when it comes out.

2. 92 Posted by Betty on 02 Nov, 2019 12:29 AM

Any update on when VP6 will ship?

3. Support Staff 93 Posted by John on 24 Nov, 2019 05:26 PM

It's been a busy fall with the Geekbench 5 release.

We're still hoping to ship something at the end of the year but it's more likely to be a preview release rather than a final release.

4. 94 Posted by amnesic on 24 Nov, 2019 06:35 PM

Hello,
    I share the sadness of seeing that VP is no longer progressing and I find it so unfortunate that Gus is being sold his product which is (was?) really a jewel.
    That said, I still use it every day and I don't have any problems blocking it while I use Catalina as soon as it comes out. For that, we must thank Primate Labs for its work in keeping the application functional even if it is no longer their priority.

Waiting for you to take my money for version 6! :-)

5. Support Staff 95 Posted by John on 25 Nov, 2019 11:03 PM

Our plan had been to work on Geekbench 5 and VoodooPad 6 simultaneously but for a number of reasons (including staffing) that didn’t work out.

That said I use VoodooPad 6 daily and I’m excited about how it’s shaping up. It’s taking longer than I had hoped but it’s still a product we’re invested in and want to see succeed.

6. 96 Posted by Jim on 01 Dec, 2019 01:14 PM

I really wanted to see VP6 this year too and am disappointed it won't be coming. VP5 feels and looks dated.

That being said, I'm clicking the "Buy" button in the Mac App Store the second VP6 is released...obviously, I hope it's sooner rather than later.

My major VP6 wishlist hopes:
    • rock-solid encryption (this is my #1 request)
    • Touch ID support for MacBooks that have Touch ID (maybe this is handled on the macOS level and not the app-level though. What I mean I'm looking for is if we password protect our VP documents, when we launch them we can use Touch ID to authenticate instead of entering the password)
    • iCloud Drive support/syncing
    • option to buy through the Mac App Store
    • a unified single interface (ie: get rid of the pullout drawer and replace it with a sidebar

7. Support Staff 97 Posted by John on 01 Dec, 2019 07:42 PM

Jim, do you have any specific concerns with VoodooPad 5 and encryption? Plausible Labs did a lot of work improving the encryption layer in VoodooPad 5.1.4 and we're currently not aware of any issues with it.

8. 98 Posted by Hawfinch on 01 Dec, 2019 07:55 PM

John, have you tracked down the encryption issue I raised in this thread?:

http://support.primatelabs.com/discussions/voodoopad/17921-encrypted-pages-are-cached-unencrypted

The problem still occurs on my setup.

9. Support Staff 99 Posted by John on 02 Dec, 2019 04:31 AM

We're still unable to reproduce the problem with our encrypted documents, and I'm still confused as to how Spotlight can read the encrypted documents in the first place. We'll keep working on that issue.

10. 100 Posted by Gus Mueller on 02 Dec, 2019 06:42 AM

By default, encrypted documents have the spotlight indexing option turned off. But if you flip the "Make document searchable from Spotlight" switch in the Info ▸ Document section of the palette, encrypted documents will write out the little cache files so spotlight can index it.

@Hawfinch - can you check and see if that button is turned on or off for your document?

Maybe there's a way to start with an unencrypted document with that switch turned on, and then the document is encrypted and the setting isn't turned off?

11. 101 Posted by Hawfinch on 02 Dec, 2019 10:42 AM

Hi Gus - Yes, I just checked and that switch was on for each of my encrypted documents. I've now flipped it off and I believe that's fixed the problem. I can create a new page and Spotlight does not create an unencrypted copy of it in the cache.

Thanks for your help - and for creating VoodooPad!

12. Support Staff 102 Posted by John on 02 Dec, 2019 03:23 PM

Thanks, Gus! It should be easy for us to disable that setting automatically when a document is encrypted so it doesn't affect other users in the future.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac