VoodooPad - any future for the product???

Robert

19 Aug, 2021 08:32 AM

Could someone from Primate Labs provide a statement regarding the future of VoodooPad?
I am still using it but get more and more doubts about any further developments and enhancement like the long time missing iCloud sync support.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Lisa Spangenber... on 20 Aug, 2021 06:45 PM

Hi

I really love VooDooPad. I'd buy a new license for an upgraded version, I'll help with testing, I'll help with technical editing of the docs and/or help files.

I really want to see this product thrive.

2. 2 Posted by Natalia on 26 Aug, 2021 05:58 PM

I also love your software (Mac-User). All my notes are in it.I am very interested in the future of development. Are there any updates?

3. 3 Posted by fgasbill on 27 Aug, 2021 04:39 PM

I am extremely concerned about the total lack of communication from the Primate Lab support staff. If there are doubts about the viability of continuing the support of VoodooPad, I would consider it a matter of common courtesy to keep your user base up to date.
    I am a long time user of VoodooPad but am desperately concerned that it, and it's users, have been abandoned. Or at the very least, left in the dark for far too long. Give us some idea of what the situation is so we can plan our software strategy for the future.

Please.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 31 Aug, 2021 12:41 AM

Hi folks!

I apologize for the lack of updates regarding VoodooPad. We're short-staffed at the moment due to COVID (our dedicated VoodooPad developer quit and we haven't been able to hire a replacement) so VoodooPad development is slow at the moment as the other developers here are only able to work on it in their "spare" time.

I'm hoping things will get back to normal once the pandemic is over.

Best,
    John

5. 5 Posted by fgasbill on 31 Aug, 2021 04:22 PM

Thanks for the update John.

Let's hope things get moving again soon.

6. 6 Posted by svs on 12 Sep, 2021 05:13 AM

I'm really sorry to say this, but I would not put my hope in Primate Labs pulling this off. Version 6 has been promised since 2018 and still isn't here. It has never been a priority and developers working on it in their "spare" time demonstrates this.

There are now many apps that do what once only Voodoopad could do. Voodoopad has been left in the dust. Roam research, Notion, Craft and Obsidian are all an easy replacement of Voodoopad and more. Obsidian being free if you don't need sync. I've moved everything into Obsidian and don't miss Voodoopad at all. Obsidian has been developed from scratch in just over a year including an ios app. Primate Labs have not produced a single version upgrade since they acquired it in 2017.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac