Some Basics (Drawer & Default window size)

Naomi Schoenfeld

30 Apr, 2018 11:25 PM

Hello!

Great to see new versions / bug fixes happening! Two questions:

1) Is there any way to set the drawer to remain open independently of which tab I'm on or open? Having to constantly re-open the drawer as I navigate through tabs is getting tiresome, very quickly.

2) Is there any way for the VoodooPad document to retain the size of the window when the document is closed and re-opened, or at least, to be set to something different than the default? At the moment, it re-opens consistently to a rather small square that always needs immediate resizing.

Thanks much!

Naomi

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 01 May, 2018 03:05 PM

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for posting about this. At the moment, the drawer will not stay open automatically when you open a new tab. I'll pass your suggestion on to the team to see if we can incorporate this option in future.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, you can add a button on your toolbar to open the drawer - this might make opening the drawer a bit less cumbersome. You can do this by going to View > Customize Toolbar > and dragging the icon for Drawer to your toolbar. Let me know if this helps at all.

In regards to your second point, there are some other users who are also experiencing this issue. I'd like to gather a bit more information so we can take a closer look. Could you share what model of Mac and macOS you are currently using to run VoodooPad?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Naomi Schoenfel... on 06 May, 2018 12:09 AM

Sarah,

Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the tab staying open makes it onto the make-it-happen list.

As far as the second, I’m a 2017 iMac running OS 10.13.4

-N.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sarah on 07 May, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for providing those details. I've passed them on to the team and we will take a look at this issue as soon as possible. I'll let you know if I have an update.

Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac