Geekbench 5.4 aarch64 crashes on Raspberry Pi 3B

mbntr

19 Mar, 2021 03:36 PM

Hi,
Recently I installed the 64 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS, and when trying to run GB5 the benchmark crashes when it gets to "PDF Rendering" in multi core, this didn't seem to happen with the 32 bit os.
Another thing I found (but on 32 bit raspbian) was that the multi core workloads only used 2 out of 4 cores, this might be an issue with my previous installation though as it didn't seem to happen on the Raspberry Pi 4; here's the submission, just in case

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/7014190

Since the GB5 for arm Linux is still in beta I thought some feedback might be helpful!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 27 Mar, 2021 01:55 PM

What Raspberry Pi 4 were you using when running Geekbench in 64-bit mode?

For Geekbench in 32-bit mode, Geekbench 5 only uses two threads on systems with limited memory (currently 1GB of RAM or less).

2. 2 Posted by mbntr on 28 Mar, 2021 07:33 PM

hi,
    Sorry for not explaining myself very clearly, Geekbench crashes on the raspberry pi 3b running 64 bit raspbian, not the 4b (on which I haven't installed the 64bit OS yet, I might try later today).
    On 32 bit raspbian Geekbench runs well, but on the 64 bit edition (with Linux 5.10.25) both versions of the benchmark crash at "PDF Rendering" multi core

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac