SSL certificate for cdn.geekbench.com expired on May 30th

Konrad Argasinski

21 Jun, 2020 07:10 PM

openssl s_client -showcerts -servername server -connect cdn.geekbench.com:443
CONNECTED(00000005)
depth=1 C = SE, O = AddTrust AB, OU = AddTrust External TTP Network, CN = AddTrust External CA Root
verify error:num=10:certificate has expired
notAfter=May 30 10:48:38 2020 GMT
verify return:0
depth=1 C = SE, O = AddTrust AB, OU = AddTrust External TTP Network, CN = AddTrust External CA Root
depth=3 C = SE, O = AddTrust AB, OU = AddTrust External TTP Network, CN = AddTrust External CA Root
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/OU=Domain Control Validated/OU=EssentialSSL Wildcard/CN=*.geekbench.com
   i:/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=Sectigo Limited/CN=Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

1. 1 Posted by Anthony Loring on 22 Jun, 2020 05:13 AM

I have the same SSL error message appearing after running application.

2. 2 Posted by Pieter on 22 Jun, 2020 06:27 AM

I face the same problem today.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 23 Jun, 2020 07:16 PM

Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it caused. One of the intermediate certificates on the server had expired. The certificates have been updated and everything should work now. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any of these errors.

4. 4 Posted by Anthony Loring on 24 Jun, 2020 12:17 AM

I have just run the app again and I get the same error message. I also asked for a license for Geekbench 4 as my license for Geek bench 5 does not work with Geekbench 4. Is anyone there reading the email comments as I asked this question 5 days ago.

Regards
    Anthony

5. 5 Posted by Anthony Loring on 24 Jun, 2020 01:17 AM

John,

As stated before this is still not working even though your certificate says it is ok i have the same error message appearing. Also please send me a license code I can use with Geekbench 4.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by John on 24 Jun, 2020 02:35 PM

The certificate (including the entire certificate chain) has been replaced. Qualys SSL Server Test indicates everything is configured and working properly:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=browser.geekbench.com

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the SSL error on any of our test systems (either before or after the SSL certificate was replaced). Are you working from behind a proxy?

7. 7 Posted by Anthony Loring on 24 Jun, 2020 11:30 PM

Hi John,

No, I’m not working behind a proxy. It’s a simple home office. I have also made sure the firewall is turned off and my virus software is off but it makes no difference. I am also not the only one with this issue as can be seen by the posts of others.

Regards
    Anthony

Sent from my iPad

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac