Geekbench 3 for Linux ARM?

andy.sayler

15 Jan, 2014 07:12 PM

Last year, you released a version of Geekbench 2 for Linux on ARM: http://support.primatelabs.com/discussions/geekbench/70-geekbench-f....

Is there a Geekbench 3 for Linux on ARM release? I'd love to use it to benchmark a set of micro-Computers (raspberry pi, beaglebone, Intel Galileo, etc) I'm comparing.

1. 1 Posted by jon anderssen on 16 Jan, 2014 04:08 PM

Hi, the same question here - any possibility to test your geekbench 3 with rk3188 arm device ? armv7hl fedora 20 running fine. Best regards and good luck !

2. 2 Posted by jon on 16 Jan, 2014 10:26 PM

a comparision with phoronix-test-suite is here :

http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1401160-SO-1303250AR86

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 18 Jan, 2014 12:19 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you for your messages. We don't currently have a version of Geekbench 3 for Linux/ARM available but we're hoping to make one available soon.

In the meantime let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help out.

Best,
    John

4. 4 Posted by Chris on 29 Apr, 2014 04:51 PM

Hello John,
    We are almost into May so I thought that I would ask if there has been any update regarding a timeline or road-map for Linux arm V7 & V8. In the V8 there is the option to run 32 or 64 bit applications with the 64 bit Linux kernel so this would be an interesting bench mark to run for us....

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 04 May, 2014 09:14 PM

Hi Chris,

We're still interested in providing Geekbench 3 for Linux/ARM, but we don't have a timeline for its release. Most likely, though, it will only include support for ARMv7 as we do not have access to any ARMv8 hardware that runs Linux.

If ARMv8 support is a priority for you, I would recommend considering a Geekbench 3 Corporate License. The Corporate License includes source code access, and a number of our Corporate Licensees have been able to produce a Linux/ARMv8 port with minimal difficulty. I would be happy to provide you with more details, along with a quote, if this is something that you might be interested in?

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help out.

Best,
    John

6. 6 Posted by andy.sayler on 02 Feb, 2015 04:54 PM

Hi John,

It's been about a year since this was opened and over 6 months since the last update. Any word on an ARMv7 version of GeekBench 3? The new Raspberry Pi 2 was just announced (http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/02/raspberry-pi-2-arrives-with-quad-core-cpu-1gb-ram-same-35-price/), and I'd love to be able to use Geekbench to see how it stacks up to the original and growing range of single-board computer options.

Cheers,
    Andy

7. 7 Posted by Chris Michaelso... on 02 Feb, 2015 05:22 PM

We were unable to deliver your message because Chris Michaelson is not available. Please resend your message to Mike Hogan at [email blocked]

8. 8 Posted by Tommy on 07 Feb, 2015 09:18 PM

any ARM Build out yet for v3.3?
    there are many linux distros for arm btw, like Ubuntu, Debian, Arch,Fedora
    and there are many boards too like cubieboard, raspberry pi, ODROID-U3. Banana Pi + 10 more

all the boards can run on android so there is one wordaround to get Geekbench 3.3 to work on ARM based boards but we would prefer a bin for ARM6 or later

9. 9 Posted by Nikos Kanellopo... on 09 Mar, 2015 09:38 AM

Please!
    Do release Geekbench v3 for ARM v7 linux :)

Raspberry Pi 2 is quite interesting.

10. 10 Posted by stanley on 31 Mar, 2015 01:50 PM

We need Geekbench v3 for ARMv7 linux too. Please help to release.

11. 11 Posted by andy.sayler on 02 Apr, 2015 08:16 PM

Another ARM service where it would be useful to be able to use Geekbench as a benchmark: https://www.scaleway.com/.

12. 12 Posted by GoEz on 25 Aug, 2015 11:13 PM

Agree with the above about Scaleway! Can we get an update on how things are looking for ARM?

13. 13 Posted by RuThaN on 22 Nov, 2015 01:14 AM

Pleas dont be lazy, its nice to compare ARM and PC architecture..

14. 14 Posted by James on 23 May, 2016 05:25 AM

+1! I'd love to be able to run geekbench 3 on arm. Any news?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac