Low score in Geekbench 3 and low score in GB5 in single thread

Leoplate25

23 Jan, 2020 12:37 AM

Hi, i have this problem, i'm only getting aprox 19500 points in Geekbench 3 and i saw some results on the web and all are near 23000, in Geekbench 5 i get 100 points less (https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1063779). Same thing happens to me in Passmark, i get low compression score (10.500 and the "normal" is above 18.000) and 2.400 points in single core and the average is about 2700 points. Nobody could help me. Here are my system specs and what i already tried:

i5-9600k stock
ASUS Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi
EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
2x8gb Kingston Hyperx Predator DDR4 2933MHz (XMP enabled)
BitFenix Whisper M 750w 80 Plus Gold
NVMe Micron 2200 256gb
SSD Samsung EVO 860 1tb
Corsair H100i v2
3x Thermaltake Riing White LED 120mm
Thermaltake Versa H34

Two sets of ram in dual channel (2666 crucial and 2933 predator)
Reinstalled the cpu
Updated the BIOS
Active and deactivate xmp
Set RAM timming to manual
Removing the graphics card
Leaving everything as it is in BIOS
Cinebench R15 i get 1071cb and R20 2626cb
CPU max temps 55-56 degrees C

If anybody can help me. Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 23 Jan, 2020 06:01 PM

GB 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 all use completely incompatible scoring systems and their results should not be compared directly.

Other people's results for your CPU are near identical: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=9600K

2. 2 Posted by Leoplate25 on 23 Jan, 2020 07:23 PM

Hi and thanks for your answer. I know passmark isnt your software but is there any chance to know why my cpu scores so low in compression? What are the best programs to check your cpu potential? Geekbench, CB R20?
    And the last question: Geekbench 5 is the one that is most compatible with intels 9th gen?
    Thanks again.

3. 3 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 24 Jan, 2020 10:16 AM

I don't understand you. Your 9600K GeekBench 5 scores are perfectly in line with the scores of other people. As for other benchmarks you should request support from the appropriate companies.

What are the best programs to check your cpu potential? Geekbench, CB R20?

You should answer this question: are you satisfied with your CPU performance? If yes, you don't need any benchmarks. If not, then you should compare your CPU with others people's CPUs in the workflows you're personally interested in (rendering, encoding, compilation, coin mining, gaming, web browsing, etc). Generic benchmarks will never correctly represent your personal workflow.

And the last question: Geekbench 5 is the one that is most compatible with intels 9th gen?

This question doesn't make sense. You can use any released GB version with your CPU. GB5 features the most recent tests which means it better represents real life scenarios in 2020.

4. 4 Posted by Leoplate25 on 24 Jan, 2020 04:02 PM

Ok, thanks for your time and answers. Appreciate it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac