why do i have to pay for Geekbench on iOS?

Christian Hintzsche

19 Nov, 2019 09:08 AM

Hi,

why do i have to pay for Geekbench on iOS while on other operating systems its free? thanks for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 20 Nov, 2019 04:48 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Geekbench is priced differently on different platforms to reflect a combination of factors, including the cost of developing an app like Geekbench for that platform, the constraints of distributing applications through platform-specific vendors, and the cost of supporting and maintaining Geekbench on each platform. We price Geekbench as low as we can on each platform to support current and future development.

Note that we are able to provide Geekbench for free on Android at this time, but Geekbench for Windows, macOS, and Linux are available for free in Tryout Mode only. We offer Tryout Mode in part so that users can ensure that Geekbench suits their long-term needs, and also so that users with very unusual system configurations can ensure that Geekbench works as expected before purchasing.

All the best,
    Colin

Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Janin Hintzsche on 20 Nov, 2019 04:51 PM

yes, but the Geekbench for 1.09 dollar is almost a tryout version. the pro versions are 10.99 on every platform. to buy for a tryout version which i could get on other systems is a kind of unfair.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac