AI computing comparison

Ray

05 Nov, 2019 03:23 AM

Hi!

I am Ray from Advantech which is the leading company in industrial PC manufacturers. I am in charge of edge AI computing systems and wonder if Geekbench can evaluate AI computing, especially inference computing.

Right now our customer is using your Geekbench to do CPU and GPU computing scores. They are trying to compare x86+GPU systems with NVIDIA Jeston products and project the scores to AI computing. Do you think it is a fair comparison or could you give us some advices? Thanks.

Please find the attachment provided by our customer. Thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Ray

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 15 Nov, 2019 07:58 PM

Geekbench may be able to provide some insights into inference performance if the AI tasks run on either the CPU or the GPU. If the AI tasks run on an accelerator then the Geekbench scores will not be much help.

Unfortunately without more information on the tasks your customer is trying to evaluate I cannot provide more insight into the applicability of Geekbench scores.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Comparison_of_CPU_abd_GPU_Results_on_desktops.pptx 294 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac