Please consider adding support for Windows 7 to Geekbench 5

al4321

21 Sep, 2019 08:49 AM

MS Windows 7 is one of the world's most popular operating system, bigger than all Linux and Macs combines.
Personally I have a bunch of desktops on Windows 7, that I would love to benchmark, and they are not going to be upgraded to Windows 10 anytime soon.

Please consider adding support for Windows 7 to Geekbench 5.

Thanks in advance,
-Alexey E

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 21 Sep, 2019 03:43 PM

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 over four years ago, making it hard for us to test and validate Geekbench 5 on Windows 7. Geekbench 5 should work on Windows 7 (and does in our limited testing) but we cannot officially support it.

2. 2 Posted by i'd like on 09 Oct, 2020 04:22 PM

do chime in using windows 7 on several computers i am using also geekbench 5 please consider sharing a version (also an older one) that is still compatible with windows 7 (my box gets nearly dails security updated)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 10 Oct, 2020 04:22 PM

Geekbench 5 may work on Windows 7, but it is not officially supported.

Geekbench 4 and earlier will work on Windows 7. You can download Geekbench 4 from the following location: https://www.geekbench.com/geekbench4/download/

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac