Geekbench 5 results

marvinwe

03 Sep, 2019 01:27 PM

My iMac scores 19195 with version 4. Geekbench 5 shows it in the 4000 range,
Why the change in scoring?

1. 1 Posted by Robert on 03 Sep, 2019 02:18 PM

I'll just add my "me too" here. I've attached text file exports from GB4 and GB5 on the same machine. If I hadn't seen the GB4 results, I would be worried!

2. 2 Posted by marvinwe on 03 Sep, 2019 02:41 PM

I reinstalled lates version of Geekbench 4. I always check my Macs scores compared to those on MacTracker. Unable to find those files on Geekbench5.

3. 3 Posted by Peter on 03 Sep, 2019 03:31 PM

The score with GB 4 on a new Mac mini was over 32 000, now with version 5 just about 6 000. Why???

4. 4 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 03 Sep, 2019 04:39 PM

Maybe you should all just read the documentation first before crying foul.

Geekbench 4 CPU and Compute scores are calibrated using a Microsoft Surface Book with an Intel Core i7-6600U processor as a baseline with a score of 4,000 points.

Geekbench 5 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 1,000 (which is the score of a Dell Precision 3430 with a Core i3-8100 processor).

5. 5 Posted by Robert on 03 Sep, 2019 05:13 PM

"Maybe you should all just read the documentation first before crying foul." ...and maybe Primate could have made this info a bit more "up front." There's no mention in the Blog nor on the order pages.

So this adjustment immediately makes it impossible to compare with results on the Geekbench Browser prior to Sept 3? I'll stick with GB4 until GB5 gets sufficient history.

6. 6 Posted by Peter on 03 Sep, 2019 08:05 PM

I don't think that I cry foul. I only don't understand the result of version 5 which I bought today and I used version 4 until today. Please try to understand me therefore. And Robert is right! I searched on the order pages but could not find anything about the new baseline...

7. 7 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 03 Sep, 2019 08:23 PM

It's not the first time GeekBench is changing baseline unless you've lived under the rock so far.

Also I don't understand why people cannot spend literally five minutes to find all the relevant info in GB website. It's all right there:

https://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench...
    https://browser.geekbench.com/processor-benchmarks

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by John on 04 Sep, 2019 07:29 PM

I'm sorry for the confusion the baseline change has caused everyone. We've done a poor job explaining the change as part of the Geekbench 5 release.

If you're concerned about your scores I encourage you to see how similar devices score on either the in-app comparison charts, or the benchmark charts available on the Geekbench Browser. If you still have concerns please let us know.

9. 9 Posted by Peter Hanitzsch on 05 Sep, 2019 05:21 PM

Von: John <[email blocked]>
    Datum: Mittwoch, 4. September 2019 um 21:29
    An: <[email blocked]>
    Betreff: Re: Geekbench 5 results [Geekbench #35285]

John, thank you so much. Now everything is ok again and after your E-Mail I don’t feel like living under the rock.

Best regards,

Peter

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac