how to control core binding

abe

14 Nov, 2018 01:50 AM

I want to run geekbench on intel platforms to examine how much performance hyperthreading can help to improve Geekbench.
For example, I want to run two workers on two logical cores of the same physical core and check the difference.

Is there any way to do that with Geekbench Pro?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Sarah on 15 Nov, 2018 07:23 PM

Hi Abe,

Thanks for posting. With Geekbench 4 Pro, you can specify how many threads you would like the benchmark to run on with the --cpu-workers and memory-workers commands. However, there is no option to bind those threads to a specific core.

I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know if there's anything I can help clarify.

2. 2 Posted by abe on 16 Nov, 2018 03:36 AM

hi, thanks for the reply. What are these "cpu-workers" and "memory-workers" for? What is the difference? Thanks

3. 3 Posted by Sarah on 16 Nov, 2018 04:25 PM

When you unlock Geekbench 4 with a Geekbench 4 Pro license, you have to option to install the Command Line tool. There are four commands available to configure the CPU benchmark: --cpu-workers and --memory-workers are two of those.

The CPU workers refers to the amount of threads you would like to specify for the Crypto, Integer, and Floating Point workloads. The memory workers will affect the Memory workloads only. Here's an article explaining the different types of workloads: http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench-...

For example, if you would like the workloads in the first three categories to run on 4 threads, and the memory workloads to run on 3 threads you would use the following command:

geekbench4 --cpu-workers 4 --memory-workers 3

This will run the CPU benchmark with that specific configuration. If you do not specify how many threads you'd like the benchmark to run on, it will run using the default amount available.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac