What is the difference between geekbench4 and geekbench_x86_64 linux executables>

Kyle Gor93

22 Oct, 2018 07:35 PM

I apologize if this has been asked already but I couldn't find an answer to it. When I download Geekbench4 for Linux and unzip it, I am left with a geekbench4, geekbench_x86_32, and geekbench_x86_64 executable.

What is the difference between the geekbench4 executable and the x86_64 executable?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 23 Oct, 2018 05:36 PM

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for posting. The geekbench4 executable calls on either geekbench_x86_64 or geekbench_x86_32. It will run on geekbench_x86_64 by default, with the option to use the --arch command to run on 32 bit architecture (which will call on geekbench_x86_32).

It is recommended that you use the geekbench4 executable, as it is better equipped for its intended use. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to help out.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac