Rookie question

Leo

18 Oct, 2018 12:23 PM

Ran Geekbench CPU and Compute on iPhone 7 Plus in March of 2018. Did the same again today. Today’s scores are higher. I saw that higher scores indicate better performance. I am a rookie in terms of computer literacy and would expect iPhone performance to decrease over time. Would the improvement six months later be due to software upgrades that improve performance? Perhaps it was a fluke and I should test more and avg together? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 18 Oct, 2018 02:55 PM

Hi Leo,

Thanks for posting! There are several factors that can affect your score. It is possible for the iOS to affect performance, so if you have updated your iOS since, that could have something to do with it. It also depends on whether there were other processes running in the background at the time the benchmark was run, or whether or not your iPhone was in low power mode (this can cause lower than normal scores).

It is also normal for scores to fluctuate slightly each time you run the benchmark. If it is a significant difference and you are concerned, feel free to send along both results and we can take a closer look.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac