HARD OF HEARING I need to know how to find a cell phone that I can hear.

patricia

20 Sep, 2018 04:18 PM

I am daunted by cell phones. I hate them but need to make phone calls or texts because I need to be out of my home with my computer at hand to make repairs on my paren'ts house. I may not have a computer there. I would be happy to text but I need a phone number to text or email. I need repairmen to do work. I need to contact them. if can't hear the person on the phone I can't get any workers. Most answering device sound is poor very poor so I need a phone that boosts their clarity and volume on my end. None of the specifications I've seen for cell phones under 100$ such as the LG Phoenix 3 or the LG Tribute Dynasty mentions sound quality and no reviews of any cell phones talks about the sound quality. Do you have tests on sound quality of phones rates the good volume and clarity? I got your name, Geekbench from a video review on the Tribute Dynasty. I didn't understand what you were reviewing sound or someething else.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 21 Sep, 2018 12:55 PM

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for reaching out. Geekbench tests the performance of the CPU or GPU in a device. It will not test the sound quality of the device.

Geekbench assigns workloads to your device, and evaluates its ability to complete them. If you would like to find out more about the workloads and what Geekbench 4 will test, please take a look at this article in our knowledge base: http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench-...

Unfortunately, I don't know of any apps that will test sound quality. You may want to search Google with something along the lines of "best cell phones for hard of hearing". Best of luck!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac