What do the scores mean?

Porky

04 Aug, 2018 08:00 PM

I just ran my first Geekbench analysis of my computer, but it's of absolutely no help. What are good scores? What are bad scores? I have no idea. I only have a bunch of scores. Oh, one more thing, I have tried many times to download the current version of Geekbench, but it always fails. Is this to be expected?

1. 1 Posted by Sarah on 07 Aug, 2018 05:43 PM

Hi Porky,

Thanks for posting. Here's some information on how to interpret Geekbench 4 scores: http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench-...

Geekbench allows you to measure your device's performance by running a benchmark, which assigns work to your device and evaluates your device's ability to complete it.
    The Geekbench Score is useful for comparing different devices quickly. Depending on the platform you're using, there may be some scores provided in the application to compare your result to, and you can also take a look at the Geekbench Browser (https://browser.geekbench.com) for individual results or for average results on the Benchmark Charts. When comparing scores, remember that higher scores are better and that double the score indicates double the performance.

In regards to the downloading the current version of Geekbench 4, is it failing to download initially? Or is it downloading but failing to launch? Also, which device and operating system version are you using?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Warren Jones on 07 Aug, 2018 06:35 PM

Thanks. Your instructions are Greek to me, but I’ll study them later. As far as the update is concerned, this time it worked. I made repeated attempts before, but this time was different. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Warren Jones

3. 3 Posted by Sarah on 08 Aug, 2018 03:50 PM

Hi Warren,

Glad you were able to get it to work. If you have anymore questions or need anything clarified, let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

All the best,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac