How to run GeekBench for Android from command line

sukruthh1

09 Jul, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi,
I wanted to know as how the "GeekBench 4.2.3" for Android can be run from the adb command line using the "Activity manager". Could anyone please provide me the complete command line to run the GeekBench using adb shell?

Regards,
Sukruth H V

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 09 Jul, 2018 10:08 PM

Hi,

I'm afraid that we don't have a script for running Geekbench from ADB on hand that we could provide. It would likely require getting the screen contents as XML and simulating taps or other gestures, or calling into a third-party tool to perform similar functions. What kind of use case do you have where you'd like to run Geekbench with ADB?

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by sukruthh1 on 10 Jul, 2018 08:27 AM

Hi Colin,
    Thanks for the quick reply and info. Could you please help me answer below queries :-

1. Even if i would try to simulate the run of GeekBench, then how would i capture the output? Is there a way to redirect the o/p to some text format and save it in a file? If yes, could you please tell me how?

2. I have previously used GeekBench on Linux, which is a simple command with section and workload parameters. I hope that even in Android the logic is to invoke this binary and run it with specific section and workload params. If my understanding is right, is there a way to invoke this command in Android?

Since i don't have the access to the target display, I have to rely upon the other workarounds.

Regards,
    Sukruth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac