Discrepency between Windows and Linux versions

johncho

05 Jun, 2018 03:33 AM

Firstable thanks to all, this is a great software that I like to use when I switch components on my computer.

Two questions:

Is it normal for the same computer to score differently under Linux and Windows? My linux benchmark constantly scored roughly 10% higher than Windows 10 benchmark using the same dual boot computer.

Recently I tested the same system with overclocked RAM. However, this time the memory bandwidth under Windows 10 is 10% higher than that reported under Linux using geekbench4 software. The linux version didnt report much increase after the overclock, but Windows reported 10% increase in bandwidth. Whats causing this discrepency ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 05 Jun, 2018 04:46 PM

Hi crunsoft,

Thanks for posting. Are you able to provide links to the benchmark results you are getting?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by johncho on 06 Jun, 2018 02:51 AM

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sarah on 07 Jun, 2018 07:27 PM

Hi johncho,

Thanks for posting the results. It is possible for the operating system to affect the result of a benchmark slightly.

Your power plan could also play a factor. When you ran the benchmark on Windows, the power plan was set to "Balanced". Could you try setting it to "Performance" and then running the benchmark again?

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. 4 Posted by johncho on 08 Jun, 2018 05:48 AM

Hi,
    Balanced and Performance power plan in Window didnt make any difference in scoring results.

Balanced
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8594094

Performance
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8594111

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac