Geekbench 4 compute test crashes at SQLite and/or HTML5 tests- Win10x64 & i9-7960x

max_data

05 May, 2018 03:49 AM

Geekbench 4 compute test crashes at SQLite and/or HTML5 tests, about 1:29-1:31
WHEA uncorrectible error is indicated, (which can be associated with overclocking). but this happens on my
system (3DSTAR) with frequencies from 4.8GHz down to 3.7 GHz, and this system runs fine even at 4.8GHz with other
benchmarks such as passmark, cinebench, novabench, 3DMark, AIDA64. Have re-seated RAM, checked connections.
Happens when the system is cold too.
Pls let me know if there is a fix, I would like to complete the CPU test, this machine will do pretty good.
Thanks

System is:
CPU: i9-7960x GPU: GTX 1080Ti RAM: 64GB@ 3433 DRIVE: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
with additional 1TB Samsung PM981. Motherboard is EVGA Dark x299.
 Due to the consistent stop at a specific test and most cpu frequencies, I suspect a software problem

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 07 May, 2018 05:51 PM

Hi max_data,

Thanks for posting and providing those details. To confirm, are you using Geekbench version 4.2.2?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by max_data on 07 May, 2018 08:55 PM

hi Sarah,

Yes it is 4.2.2.

Last night I completed Geekbench 4.4.2 compute test successfully after
    some additional settings changes to Win10 . I stopped
    automatic updates, telemetry tasks and privacy violations arising from Win10 default settings
    and forced updates. To do this, I checked and disabled all the spots related to those
    suspect areas that I know of i.e. off/on settings, control panel, services.msc,
    msconfig, registry, gpedit.msc, command line disables, and task scheduler library to make sure
    that the usual (and numerous) undesirables were turned off. Windows 10 had auto-reset my
    system to default settings by automatic update claiming the update was part of a 'new version'.

So MS has now redefined the notion of 'update' vs 'new version'. Under the pretense
    of 'new version', they are justifying the autoreset of a user's system to defaults with no
    choice presented at the time to a user. The 'creator update', 'spring update' etc have all
    auto-revereted to MS defaults in settings, control panel, services, then added new tricks.
    AND have occurred in the middle of my work, too, and attempts to update repeat automatically
    and progress partially at unpredictable times until they find a way in. (The smaller updates
    still leave my settings for the most part). After making changes to prevent updates and
    auto-override of my settings, Geekbench cpu tests are running stable again.

It would take more hours than I have to identify which specific settings changes I made are
    removing the BSOD-causing conflicts of Win10. I would think benchmark software can crash if
    forced settings changes and updates occur during the run. I don't know what workarounds you can
    do from your software end of it to detect and alleviate task interference by Win10- might not
    be an easy thing since there are so many variations in what Win10 autostarts and it will keep
    trying a piece at a time.

So, at least i can say with confidence that the problem is not my hardware system stability of 3
    different systems, and probably not in your software, and almost definitely in Windows 10 auto
    settings changes which are occurring daily and unpredictably in unprotected machines.
    The occurrence of BSODs at consistent spot in the cpu test indicates there may be a workaround
    that could stabilize to that segment of your tests,
    Thanks for the reply!

John/ maxdata

---- Sarah <[email blocked]> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sarah on 08 May, 2018 03:54 PM

Hi John,

I'm glad you were able to get it to work. Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

I also suggest running a Windows 10 Memory diagnostic to find out if there are any problems there.

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac