Geekbench 4 Pro fails with newer Nvidia drivers

Charles Morris

28 Apr, 2018 05:51 PM

I installed an MSI GEFORCE GXT 1050Ti video adapter in my Windows 10 desktop machine then attempted to run a Geekbench 4 Pro benchmark. Upon starting Geekbench and while the splash screen was present, Geekbench 4 errored out. When I use Visual Studio to examine the debug information, I saw this:

Unhandled exception at 0x5C595DE1 (igdrclneo32.dll) in Geekbench 4.exe: 0xC000041D: An unhandled exception was encountered during a user callback. occurred

Here are the specs on the machine prior to updating the video card: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4051753

The Nvidia driver version is 24.21.13.9731 (4/22/2018)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sarah on 30 Apr, 2018 04:27 PM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I appreciate you sharing all of those details.

Which version of Geekbench 4 Pro are you currently using to run your benchmark?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Charlie Morris on 30 Apr, 2018 04:36 PM

Hi Sarah,

I’m using version 4.2, the latest download available from the Geekbench web site.

Thanks,
    Charlie Morris

On Apr 30, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Sarah <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sarah on 30 Apr, 2018 08:49 PM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your response. You said that Geekbench 4 errored out while the splash screen was present. Did any error message pop up at the point? Was there anything else that happened?

Are you able to provide the current update of Windows 10 you have installed? (e.g. Settings > System > About will show a version number such as '1709')

Thanks for answering these questions.

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. 4 Posted by Charlie Morris on 03 May, 2018 12:39 AM

Hi Sarah,

No error message popped up while the Geekbench splash screen was present other than Windows saying the application had failed and offering to go into diagnostic mode.

The Windows version information is as follows:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1803
    OS Build: 17134.1

Best,
    Charlie Morris

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sarah on 03 May, 2018 03:21 PM

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for providing those details. I've passed this issue on to the team and we will take a look at this as soon as possible. I'll let you know if I have an update.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, or if you have any further concerns.

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac