Command Line

Patrick Hughes

30 Mar, 2018 05:13 PM

Hey there,

Is there a way to silent install Geekbench via command line?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 02 Apr, 2018 03:13 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Could you let me know what platform you are using Geekbench on?

There is currently no silent install process for Geekbench 4 for Windows. For macOS and Linux, Geekbench should be ready to use as soon as it's downloaded, though whether or not it is appropriate for your needs may depend on the definition for "silent install" that you're using in this case.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Patrick hughes on 02 Apr, 2018 03:16 PM

Hey Colin,

Thanks for reaching out. We are using Geekbench on Windows. 

I'm just trying to avoid the "Install GPU-Z" dialog box that pops up. Thoughts on how I can do that? I'd rather it silent install and just have geekbench pop up. (If that makes sense)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 03 Apr, 2018 04:05 PM

Hi,

I see. Could you tell me a little bit more about your use case, so that I can take a closer look at any functionality we may be able to offer that could fulfil your needs?

An "Install GPU-Z" window shouldn't appear when installing Geekbench 4 for Windows. Are you installing Geekbench 4 from our website? If this window is appearing, could you send me a screenshot of the window so that I can take a closer look?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. 4 Posted by Patrick Hughes on 03 Apr, 2018 04:17 PM

Thanks Colin! This is what pops up.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Colin on 03 Apr, 2018 04:21 PM

Hi,

GPU-Z isn't a Primate Labs product and is separate from Geekbench, so we aren't able to provide support for it. I recommend contacting the GPU-Z developer directly to get more information about any potential silent install features they might have.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

6. 6 Posted by Patrick hughes on 03 Apr, 2018 04:38 PM

Shoot, I sent the wrong thing haha! That's embarrasing... one second.

7. 7 Posted by Patrick Hughes on 03 Apr, 2018 04:58 PM

This is what I’m trying to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Colin on 03 Apr, 2018 05:43 PM

Hi,

I see, thanks for following up with me. Could you let me know a little bit more about your use case (e.g. roughly how many machines you're deploying Geekbench to) so that I can take a closer look at any solution we may be able to offer that could fulfil your needs?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

9. 9 Posted by Patrick hughes on 03 Apr, 2018 06:03 PM

So we do certifications on new hardware every week, it ranges on quantity though. I'm writing a certification script that calls all my programs for testing and creates logs for each of them. A few programs I have, I have them do silent installs to avoid more clicks if that makes sense. I'm wondering if I can get it to silently install and just run, rather than having to go through the "next" steps through install.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Colin on 03 Apr, 2018 09:26 PM

Hi,

For your use case, I would recommend taking a look at the Standalone Mode feature of Geekbench 4 Pro (detailed on our website here), which can help to streamline running Geekbench on a variety of machines. Currently, we don't have any other features that would facilitate a silent install to streamline the workflow you've described.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help out.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac