Instal DMG file broken for Geekbench for mac

Stefan

14 Mar, 2018 11:38 PM

When I open the disk image for instal, the window that opens just has a background image with the a white arrow - no icons to drag to their instal locations. Downloaded twice - got too different versions, same results:

Geekbench 4.2.0 and 4.2.2

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 15 Mar, 2018 02:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. That is unusual behaviour, and I'd like to ask a few questions to get a better idea of what system you're using and what could be causing this problem.

1. Could you let me know what version of macOS you're using, and what device you're downloading Geekbench to?
    2. Could you confirm for me whether you're downloading Geekbench 4 from our website, http://www.geekbench.com?
    3. After clicking on the DMG and having the window appear with no icons, are you able to drag or click on where the icons should be and have anything happen? I'd like to determine if the icons are completely gone, or if they are just invisible due to a visual issue.
    4. After clicking on the DMG and having the window appear with no icons, are you able to click on "Geekbench 4.2.2" in the Devices section of a Finder window and open Geekbench 4 through that interface?

Thanks again for letting us know about this. Any further information you can provide us with would be a great help.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac