Lower score in Andoroid 7 than in Android 6

Fabián Frommel

09 Mar, 2018 07:17 PM

Hello,

I have been evaluating CPU performance of several samples of the same tablet model with Android 7.0 and Android 6.0 and I obtained lower scores in which with Android 7.0. I checked and all tablets have the same hardware components.

I would like to know if this difference is caused by some tests of Geekbench 4 that it does not run properly on 7.0 version or a related problems, or if it is the real performance of the tablet, which worsens with Android 7.0 because of the image in itself. Have you heard similar cases?

Many thanks in advance!
Fabian.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 09 Mar, 2018 10:12 PM

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We haven't heard about any instances of Geekbench 4 inaccurately measuring performance on specific versions of Android. I'll keep an eye out for reports which could indicate this, and let you know if it comes up.

In this case, the result could be due to differences between the devices that you're using, unless you're testing different operating system versions on the same device. Generally, results are expected to between instances of the same model due to manufacturing differences. The result could also be due to performance impacts of the new operating system version itself. Unfortunately, we're unable to diagnose performance issues on specific devices.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac