tvOS app needed for Apple TV 4K

26 Feb, 2018 01:18 AM

It’s known the 4K Apple TV contains the same A10X SoC as the 2017 iPad Pro models. But for the first time in the history of Apple A-series SoCs, there is a fan attached to the heatsink. I would like to see the implications, if any, of this thermal exhaust fan on cold/hot testing.

Geekbench also needs an option for sustained testing.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 26 Feb, 2018 02:23 AM

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll pass your feedback along to my team and see if we can incorporate it into a future update. For the sustained testing idea, could you let me know what kind of functionality you would like to see if that were implemented?

All the best,
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Logos on 26 Feb, 2018 02:42 AM

I’d like to see options to set a number of loops for each testing section. The goal being to identify how long it takes before thermal throttling occurs and to what degree performance is reduced.

Thanks for sharing my feedback!

On Feb 25, 2018, at 19:23, Colin <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 27 Feb, 2018 07:48 PM

Thanks for following up. I'll pass this information along to my team as well for more consideration.

All the best,
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac