How to run Geekbench on iOS

Karim

15 Feb, 2018 11:52 AM

Hi,
I've purchased Geekbench for iOS but see no obvious instructions on how to run it to get representative scores. E.g. should I:
* shut down all other apps
* disable Low Power mode
* set display brightness to high
* turn off volume
* turn on AirPlane mode

Any info appreciated, as I would expect things like mobile signal strength to affect the scores that I see.

Karim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 16 Feb, 2018 03:42 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Running a benchmark in low-power mode or with substantial processes running in the background can affect your benchmark score, and we recommend avoiding these circumstances to provide the most accurate results. Volume settings are not expected to impact any of your scores, and display brightness will not affect CPU or Compute benchmarks in any way. The Dim Screen option is available for battery benchmarks, and may result in slightly more consistent battery benchmark scores.

Please note that there is currently an issue preventing the Compute benchmark on iOS from finishing if Airplane Mode is active. We're investigating this issue now.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help out.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac