No Cuda when perched from App Store

Jono

31 Jan, 2018 01:27 AM

Hi. so I was using your trial version and was looking to run a GPU benchmark on Cuda Vs Metal. When I clicked Cuda API on the trial version It said I needed to buy. So I went to the App Store and downloaded 4.2.1. And for some reason it dosent have Cuda API in the list. Only OpenCL and Metal. I'm a little frustrated as the only reason I punched was because I wanted to run a Cuda bench mark.
Can you help me.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 31 Jan, 2018 03:42 AM

The CUDA Compute Benchmark should work when purchased through the App Store, provided you have an NVIDIA GPU and the NVIDIA CUDA drivers installed. What Mac are you using?

2. 2 Posted by John Lee on 31 Jan, 2018 03:34 PM

Hello John.

Thanks for getting back to me

Im running a flashed Titian X (Maxwell) on a 5,1 Mac Pro. Its the only GPU installed.

All drivers are up to date.

You will see in the trial screen shot I have sent, CUDA is in the drop down menu but can't click because its trial.

In the AppStore version there is no CUDA in drop down.

Thank.s

3. 3 Posted by Jody Smith on 01 Feb, 2018 01:15 PM

Hello John,

I am experiencing the same limitation. I have an NVIDIA GTX980 Ti installed, all drivers up to date and GeekBench purchased from AppStore only shows OpenCL tests.

Thanks!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Colin on 16 Feb, 2018 03:23 PM

Hi Jody,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm very sorry for the delayed response. To make sure I understand correctly, could you confirm if the screenshot of Geekbench you provided is from the version you purchased from the App Store? Does the version from the App Store display just OpenCL, or OpenCL and Metal?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac