--no-upload option doesn't work

Fabián Frommel

24 Jan, 2018 07:43 PM

Hello,

I am using Geekbench 4 Pro on Ubuntu from console and I would like to run only section 2 (Multicore) and avoid the error message "Only full benchmark result documents can be uploaded.". Despite of I execute "./geekbench4 --section 2 --no-upload" or "./geekbench4 --no-upload --section 2" I continue facing that error. I would like to know if there is any way to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 24 Jan, 2018 09:12 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us above this, and I'm sorry for any confusion. That message is not intended to tell you that an error has occurred. The message is only meant to tell you that partial benchmark results (such as a benchmark that only includes the multi-core section) cannot be uploaded, to avoid confusion if you were to save and later upload that result. The message should also appear if you run Geekbench 4 with the input ./geekbench4 --section 2

I can see how this message could be confusing, and I'll pass this information along to my team to see if we can improve the messaging to make it clearer.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help out.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Fabián Frommel on 25 Jan, 2018 12:38 PM

OK, I understand,

My confussion came because that message is written in the standard error, so if I ask for the status of the Geekbench 4 execution (with $? bash command) it is not 0.

Maybe in that case, that command it is not a good indicator of the status of the benchmark execution.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 25 Jan, 2018 04:07 PM

Hi,

I see; there is currently a known issue causing partial benchmark results to return non-zero values. We're investigating a fix and aim to resolve this issue in a future update. I'm sorry for any confusion caused by this, and thank you for your patience.

All the best.
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac