MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012) - Bench test results - need help

Jeremy Boyes

13 Jan, 2018 04:55 PM

Hello,

I am not a tech person but have felt my Macbook Air has been grinding ever slower by the day recently. Last night I clean installed OSX El Capitan (I won't upgrade due to not being able to use certain software products I own). I ran a Geekbench test (https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6394860) this afternoon, however, I am unsure if my score is good, bad or something else meaning I need a new Macbook? I have checked it against similar historical results for the same spec Macbook - the differences don't provide me a clear answer so I would be very grateful for some expert advice.

Many thanks,
Jeremy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 15 Jan, 2018 04:52 PM

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can find aggregate scores for a variety of devices on the Geekbench Browser's Benchmark Charts, including these average scores for your device here.

Your Geekbench score alone may not be sufficient to let you know if you should upgrade your device; this depends on what you need the device for, how much the current performance is limiting you, what your budget is, and other factors. Your device may feel slower due to increasing software demands or software or hardware issues, which we do not diagnose. Comparing your Geekbench score against other devices on the market can help you to determine which devices would be wise upgrades, and the Benchmark Charts can be a particularly useful resource for comparing your score.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac