LINPACK and HPCG benchmarking

rob53

12 Jan, 2018 11:56 PM

Has anyone at Primate thought about including LINPACK and HPCG benchmarks in Geekbench to get single computer benchmark results to compare against supercomputers?

HPCG, http://hpcg-benchmark.org, is a new metric for ranking HPC (high performance computing) systems. HPCG is intended as a complement to the High Performance LINPACK (HPL) benchmark, currently used to rank the TOP500 computing systems. Current software is only for NVIDIA GPUs.

LINPACK is the historical benchmark for supercomputers. Intel provides pre-compiled binaries for macOS,https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-benchmarks-suite.

With the power of Macs increasing, I'd also like to see if Geekbench can be run against cluster systems comprised of Macs. I don't have a cluster of Macs so I can't test them but having an easy to use benchmarking application would provide those users interested in building Mac clusters (again) a common test process.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 15 Jan, 2018 06:25 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll pass your suggestions along to the rest of my team for more consideration, and see if we can facilitate these kinds of comparisons in the future.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by rob53 on 15 Jan, 2018 06:33 PM

Thanks

I’d really like to see how well the new iMac Pro runs at least LINPACK and whether HPCG can be made to run on Radeon GPUs. Not everyone needs a supercomputer but having the capability to act like a small one might be beneficial for colleges and small businesses who would rather run locally than off someone’s (insecure) cloud platform.

Peter

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac