Why do geekbench results differ so much @ iMacPro1,1?

Hubertus

11 Jan, 2018 07:06 PM

Hello there,

I searched geekbench.com with google advanced search for "iMacPro1,1" and received nearly 40 geekbench results from the past 5 weeks.

Can anybody explain to me, why the multi-core scores differ so much?

Most of the results used macOS 10.13.2, some as well 10.13.3.

Most of the tests were made with Geekbench 4.2.0, some few were done with Geekbench 3.3.4 and as well with Geekbench 3.4.1..

Might be a reason, that some people already installed programms and extensions and others made the tests with completely new computers?

Is it normal, that the results inside a core-catergory differ so much?

8-core
multi-core score: 25982 - 31414

10-core
multi-core score: 34543 - 41176

14-core
multi-core score: 41120

Thanks in advance -

Hubertus

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 11 Jan, 2018 07:53 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! There are a few factors that could cause scores seemingly identical devices to differ. Firstly, Geekbench 4 results are not designed to be compared with Geekbench 3 results, and benchmark results for the same device with each application may differ.

Lower than expected scores for specific devices can be caused by running a benchmark with substantial processes in the background, or running a benchmark while your device is in low-power mode. Lower than expected scores can also be caused by hardware or software issues, which Primate Labs doesn't diagnose.

Could you link me to any results that you're curious about on the Geekbench Browser so that I can take a closer look?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac