Geekbench 4 crash after starting on iMac late 2013

Latsunas

28 Dec, 2017 04:38 PM

Hi,
i can not run Geekbench 4 - after starting it crashes immediately. I have a iMac late 2013 3,2 Gor Intel Core i5 20 GB Ram Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB....

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 02 Jan, 2018 07:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I'm sorry for any trouble caused by this issue. Could you let me know what version of macOS is on your device, what version of Geekbench 4 you have installed, and which benchmark or benchmarks this crash occurs in (e.g. the CPU benchmark)? In addition, could you let me know whether the application closes completely or if it returns to the benchmark start screen?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by K. Latsunas on 03 Jan, 2018 06:17 PM

I’m using macOS 10.12.6, using geek ben 4.2.0 and it crashes immediately after starting - i don’t see any start screen…

best whishes
    Konstantin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 03 Jan, 2018 06:37 PM

Hi,

I see, thanks for following up with me. I'll pass this information along and let you know as soon as I can if we can provide more information or an update on this. Thanks for your patience with this problem.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Colin on 03 Jan, 2018 07:54 PM

Hi again,

We're looking into this issue now, and something that would help us investigate this problem is any Geekbench crash reports that you would be able to provide from your system. Could you check your ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ directory for any files containing Geekbench or geekbench in the name and attach them here?

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

5. 5 Posted by K. Latsunas on 04 Jan, 2018 08:33 PM

ok here is the file
    best wishes
    Konstantin

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Colin on 04 Jan, 2018 09:29 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

7. 7 Posted by BH on 04 Feb, 2018 02:46 AM

Same F*ing problem. Not Fixed by February 3rd. One Month.

You stole my money ....

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Colin on 05 Feb, 2018 05:23 PM

Hi BH,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry for any trouble caused by this. We're still investigating this issue, and unfortunately cannot provide more information about it at this time.

Could you let me know what version of Geekbench 4 you're using, what device you are using, and what operating system version is installed on your device? Any crash report you might be able to provide would also help us to narrow down this problem. Could you check your ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ directory for any .crash files containing Geekbench or geekbench in the name and attach them here?

If you would like to request a refund, please let us know. We require your email address to process a refund for any purchase made through our website, so we recommend making a private thread on this support website or contacting us at [email blocked] to ensure that no other users see your email address or any other identifying information. For purchases made through the App Store, we are unfortunately unable to process refunds directly and we recommend that you contact Apple support to process your refund request.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

9. 9 Posted by Konstantin Lats... on 05 Feb, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi I did not wrote the e-mail starting with „you stole my money….“ This ist not my style or my wording…. So I do not request for any refund.

Regards
    Konstantin

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Colin on 05 Feb, 2018 05:33 PM

Hi,

Pardon, I was responding to the user BH who also wrote a comment on this thread. I now see the other thread posted by BH, so I'll follow up with them on that thread to avoid any other confusion.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Colin on 05 Feb, 2018 05:53 PM

Hi Konstantin,

It looks like the user BH encountered a similar issue to yours, and was able to resolve it by updating their CUDA driver. We're still investigating this issue, but in the mean time it may be helpful to you to try updating your CUDA driver if you have CUDA enabled for your device. If you're able to try this, please let us know if you are able to open Geekbench 4 successfully afterward.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac