Battery Test results & Browser

JR Currier

24 Dec, 2017 07:43 PM

Like many here, I bought the app to check the state of the iPhone & iPAD batteries to see if they should be replaced (due to a drastic drop in performance after an IOS update) . In my case I got a battery score of 1157 for an iPhone 6.

The problem is there is no easy way to determine if it is under performing. Can you....
1. Add a tab to the IOS Benchmarks page for battery ?
2. Make the browser sorted by model rather than uploaded time (which is useless) and then by runtime and score?
3. Display the expected benchmark results of a device when new?

1. 1 Posted by Les on 26 Dec, 2017 07:49 PM

Good idea, my iphone 6 battery score is 1312 so not the worst but again unsure what it should be. My report shows work spiking between 80% and 100% from a battery level of about 75% to 55% before flat-lining at 80% until the battery is completely flat. Again I'm unsure if this is normal or a problem.
    cheers, Les

2. 2 Posted by E on 30 Dec, 2017 01:07 AM

My iPhone SE returned 1770 while maintaining 100% or 99.X% work for the entire test (2:46:40)

On the results page there's a battery tab with a battery comparison but it doesnt make much sense. a 5s is supposed to be 370. My battery can't be 4x+ better.

They should introduce a bell curve so you can see where your phone sits in the pack and then let you filter for battery age ie if your battery is brand new, is there varience in those batteries? How does my compare?

3. 3 Posted by rowan on 01 Jan, 2018 11:56 AM

2:46:40 is exactly what my SE chart says.....but my test took exactly 3hrs.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Colin on 02 Jan, 2018 08:41 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry for the confusion caused by this. We will be rolling out more features on the Geekbench Browser soon to facilitate comparisons for battery results. We also intend to release more documentation about the battery test which may clear up some confusion, and we are planning to release an update which clarifies some benchmark functionality in the app itself. There is currently an issue causing some battery benchmark scores in the comparison page to be inaccurate, which will be corrected in an upcoming update as well. I'll let you know as soon as I can once we release these updates.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Colin on 02 Jan, 2018 09:46 PM

Hi again,

You can now search for Geekbench 4 battery results on the Geekbench Browser here, which may help provide some more context for your battery benchmark scores.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

6. 6 Posted by rowan on 03 Jan, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi Colin, given that you guys are rolling out an update, I’ll reserve any more questions/suggestions/requests until then 

Cheers

Rowan

Rowan Smith
    [email blocked]

Sent from my iPhone

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac