Geekbench 4 battery score 1530

Amie Toole

24 Dec, 2017 03:26 PM

I ran a battery test, full discharge, screen dimmed on my iPhone 6 Plus and got a score of 1530. What the heck does 1530 mean? Good, bad, replace battery? Help.

1. 1 Posted by Same question. ... on 30 Dec, 2017 04:41 PM

I have the same question. Mine is 2280. Well, what the heck does that mean. Geekbench provides absolutely no recommendation based on score. All they say is higher is better. I wish I could get my $.99 back.

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 30 Dec, 2017 05:48 PM

1790 on my 6S plus and no clue what that means, without something to go on as a guide that was a waste of $.99

3. 3 Posted by GregW on 30 Dec, 2017 08:06 PM

I purchased this app for the iOS iPhone.
    I to have have found the battery scores to be worthless with no way to determine the battery's condition. The meaningless scores can't be used to determine if the battery needs replacement.
    For those that purchased the app on the ios app store, you can request a refund.
    I have already requested a refund and the refund has been approved by Apple.
    Please see this Apple support page for instruction on how to request a refund:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

4. 4 Posted by bruceredden on 30 Dec, 2017 11:05 PM

True...the battery documentation is ambiguous to the user. The higher value is the better value?

This may be true, but what is the benchmark for my phone? What is a new battery level for my phone model, so that I may compare?

The tool provides information, but not how to use the information completely.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 31 Dec, 2017 04:44 PM

I'd like to apologize for the lack of documentation around the Battery Benchmark. We're working on improving the documentation, as well as making the app itself easier to understand. We hope to have something to share in January. In the meantime thank you for your patience and understanding.

6. 6 Posted by Mike on 31 Dec, 2017 05:19 PM

Hallo,

after the Bechmark you can check your device to another devices by clicking the Tab „Compute“.
    You can compare your device with similar (newer) types of IPhones...

7. 7 Posted by Luke on 01 Jan, 2018 12:44 AM

I've found the battery test is good for before and after indication, as in before replacing the battery and after. If you have a used 6 or 6S it's likely you need a new battery. So, run the test on existing battery as your benchmark, and again on the new battery as the comparison, you should see good % improvement. Also, Apple has now lowered battery replacement to $29 so it's a no brainer for these models. If your CPU scores are lower than benchmarks on app it's likely your battery is weak.

8. 8 Posted by GarryausPA on 01 Jan, 2018 05:11 PM

There are other apps for testing your battery.
    I use battery life and its indicate the capacity of your battery compared to the specs from Apple.
    This app is free.

9. 9 Posted by peter M on 11 Apr, 2018 07:31 PM

So, I download Geekbench 4 to check the lie of the battery, it gives me a score and no explanation of the score, one stupid app. WTF.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Colin on 12 Apr, 2018 02:35 PM

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the results of the battery benchmark. I'll see if we can improve how we explain battery scores in the application to make it clearer to users in the future. In the mean time, I can answer any questions you might have about the battery benchmark.

The battery benchmark measures the life of your battery while performing processor-intensive tasks. The battery score is a measure of your device's battery performance, and can be compared to the scores of other devices. As with all Geekbench scores, higher scores are better and double the score indicated double the performance. You can find average battery scores for a wide variety of devices on the Geekbench Browser here, and you can search for individual battery benchmark results here.

If you have any questions about the battery benchmark, please let me know and I would be happy to help out.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

11. 11 Posted by Narendra on 31 May, 2018 06:14 AM

hello,
    Could you pls explain how the score is calculated and Based on what score you decide confidence is High/Medium or Low.

Thank you.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Colin on 31 May, 2018 03:32 PM

Hi Narendra,

The battery benchmark provides your device with work to simulate typical processor-intensive tasks, and it measures the device's ability to complete that work as well as its battery level over time. The battery benchmark score is calculated as a combination of the device's battery life during the benchmark as well as the rate at which it completes work.

The confidence level is based on the degree to which the battery level changed, and to a lesser extent the duration of the benchmark and if there were any anomalies detected in the benchmark results. For example, Full Discharge benchmarks (from 100% battery level to near 0%) will typically be identified as High Confidence, and Partial Discharge benchmarks will typically be identified as Medium Confidence. If a battery benchmark was cancelled early, but Geekbench 4 collected enough data to produce an estimate result, the result will typically be identified as Low Confidence.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

13. 13 Posted by Jep on 17 Jul, 2018 08:15 PM

I run Geekbench4 in my G-note8 and had the result of 2020 for the sigle-core score and 6825 for the multi-core score ..what does it mean? is it good or bad?..how to determine it?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac