8700k scores very low

heronewb

22 Dec, 2017 09:52 AM

Geekbench says the 8700k scores 26000 (presumably not even overclocked), but i am getting 21000 overclocked to 5.0. Cinebench gives me a correct score (1650) so it is something unrelated to the CPU that is bringing down my geekbench score. What is it? My 8gb ram? 5.0 should be scoring about 30000.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 05 Jan, 2018 09:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and I'm sorry for my delayed response. Based on your response in this thread it looks like you were able to address your unexpectedly low Geekbench score by changing your RAM configuration. Geekbench scores are not expected to increase when adding a large amount of RAM beyond the amount used by the Geekbench application, but slow or misconfigured RAM can cause lower than expected scores. In this case, I've passed the other thread along to my team and I'll see if we can provide more detail on how your Geekbench score may have been affected.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac