Geekbench compute doesn't work on Linux

akash.deep.jassal

17 Dec, 2017 08:11 AM

OpenCL
  Running Sobel
  Running Histogram Equalization
[1217/133702:ERROR:src/halogen/cl/program.cpp(39)] input.cl:177:17: error: passing '__write_only image2d_t' to parameter of incompatible type '__read_only image2d_t'
/usr/include/clc/image/image.h:23:25: note: passing argument to parameter 'image' here
[1217/133702:ERROR:src/interface/console/consolemain.cpp(875)] Geekbench encountered an internal error and cannot continue. Please contact [email blocked] for assistance.

Internal error message: clBuildProgram.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 18 Dec, 2017 12:11 AM

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I'm sorry for any trouble that this problem may have caused. I've passed your report along to my team and I'll let you know as soon as I can if we're able to provide an update or more information. Thanks for your patience with this issue.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Vince Pisciotta on 18 Jun, 2018 11:47 PM

Same error: but only with the opensource OpenCL stack, no errors when using the AMDGPU-PRO OpenCL libraries with the mesa/opensource amdgpu driver

3. 3 Posted by Vince Pisciotta on 18 Jun, 2018 11:53 PM

See attached file for output

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_from_2017-12-17_13-39-33.png 132 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac