Geekbench 4 ios battery scores

gctwnl

16 Dec, 2017 10:02 PM

Hi, i’ve bought Geekbench 4 and have run the battery score. Where can I compare this with other iPhone 6 results?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 17 Dec, 2017 11:57 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're working to roll out full battery score comparison functionality on the Geekbench Browser; currently, you can browse battery results on the Geekbench Browser here.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Gerben Wierda on 18 Dec, 2017 07:23 AM

Are these results normalised for the differences between screen dimmed/not dimmed and full/partial discharge?

G

3. 3 Posted by Anna on 01 Jan, 2018 08:02 PM

Thank you for the app! I just tested my iPhone SE with higher scores. Then tested my brand new iPod , that I thought was defective. Slightly higher CPU score. Lower Compute score. Started the battery test ( using the 3hr version ) with a fully charged battery. The app read it at 99% at start. I tried comparing scores, but the gen 6 iPods listed were of the last update and Mine is 10.3.3. (Afraid to update due to problems after installing on two iPhones) Also, those work percentages showed fairly straight lines for work %. Mine show less work load. Can you help me interpret? How skewed could the results be! And would the score be considered High or Medium? Thank you.

4. 4 Posted by Anna on 01 Jan, 2018 08:27 PM

Added Info; CPU SIngle was 41 higher. Multi was 141 higher. Compute was 136 lower. Would that , along with battery results , affect the battery score! Thanks again!

5. 5 Posted by lezasmith7 on 02 Jan, 2018 09:41 AM

Hello

we expect battery capacity to decrease as batteries age, we expect processor performance to stay the same.

6. 6 Posted by Dee on 08 Jan, 2018 05:54 AM

I ran the Full Discharge for the battery test all day. I started with a full charge and checked the score when my battery was at 2%. However, the test didn’t run even though I observed it commence. What happened? Why did it not run?

7. 7 Posted by Arkoprava Bhatt... on 31 Jan, 2018 02:33 PM

Im seeing different results on my iPhone 5s on the app I’ve 0% battery wear level

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Colin on 31 Jan, 2018 05:00 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry for the delayed responses.

@Arkoprava, Lower than expected scores can be caused by a variety of issues, including running a benchmark while substantial processes are running in the background. They can also be caused by hardware or software issues. If you believe that your battery performance may be impacted by these issues, I recommend running 3-4 CPU benchmarks over several days. If your scores are consistently low, or if you experience other issues that you believe are related to your battery, we recommend taking your device to a local Apple Store for inspection and potential servicing.

@Dee, Could you let me know if your device's screen was turned off or if Geekbench 4 was not in the foreground for any part of the battery benchmark? Your screen must be on and Geekbench 4 must be in the foreground for the duration of the battery benchmark for a result to be produced. If that is not the cause of this problem, could you let me know how the battery benchmark finished (e.g. did the device turn off after discharging, or did something else like closing the app, charging the device, or tapping "Stop" cause it to end)?

@Anna, The Work % shown on the battery result graph indicates how much work your device was able to complete through each part of the battery benchmark. It is difficult to interpret the cause of the peaks and valleys without knowing more about your device, but this can be caused by having substantial processes running in the background while running the battery benchmark. Your result would have Medium confidence, and a High confidence is only generated by Full Discharge tests. However, starting a battery benchmark from 99% has similar accuracy to starting one from 100%.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help out however I can.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

9. 9 Posted by Mike S on 28 Aug, 2018 07:53 PM

Installed Geekbench 4 and upon running the battery part I had to cancel the test due to time restrains. Other tests ran great and didn’t take too long. I noticed on your site it can take over and hour. May try that part another time.
    Thank you

10. 10 Posted by Lai on 09 Sep, 2018 08:19 AM

Yes

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac