Battery test iphone 5s ios 11.1

vincent

06 Nov, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi,
i have bought a refurbished Iphone 5s with IOS11 and i want to know if the battery health is good
my battery score is : 906
time elapsed : 1h40min
here is the link of my results : https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/891

1) So what can we say about this battery ? It has almost 900 charge cycles (with ibackupbot)
2) Why work is 100% and other Iphone 5s are about 50-70% ?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 06 Nov, 2017 05:33 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Geekbench battery scores are best understood in relation to scores on other devices, and it appears that a score of 906 is within the expected range for an iPhone 5s. See these results for comparison:

A higher work percentage over the length of the battery test may indicate that a device is able to perform more work in the same time period than another device. Small variations can occur due to background processes and other factors. I haven't seen any iPhone 5s devices that have a sustained work percentage under 70%; above that seems to be more typical.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by vincent on 07 Nov, 2017 08:21 AM

Ok, thx for these informations Colin!
    One last question : can we compare geekbench 3 and geekbench 4 battery results for the same device ?

Have a nice day

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 14 Nov, 2017 05:18 PM

Hi,

No problem, and please excuse the slow response. Geekbench 4 battery benchmark scores are not designed to be compared to Geekbench 3 battery benchmark scores.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. 4 Posted by Stian on 24 Nov, 2017 08:05 PM

When will the Geekbench 4 battery results become available in the online browser for comparison then?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Colin on 27 Nov, 2017 02:07 AM

Hi,

We're working to roll out battery benchmark comparisons in the Geekbench Browser as soon as possible. I'm afraid that we don't have a release date set at the moment, but I'll let you know as soon as I can when the update is prepared.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

6. 6 Posted by Joel Stevens on 17 Feb, 2018 11:34 PM

Do you know what a 5s with a brand new battery would have as a battery score?

Mine ranges between 905 and 957. I'm wondering whether it is worthwhile to replace the battery.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Colin on 20 Feb, 2018 06:28 PM

Hi Joel,

We don't currently provide data for brand new devices specifically, but you can view the average benchmark scores for the iPhone 5s on our website here.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac