Why is this icon showing in my computer network if I didn't download it?

JT

30 Sep, 2017 08:48 PM

I apologize if I am on the wrong Blog but I have looked and looked for an answer to my question and the icon showing on my computer network that I did not download anything that I know of to create it reads Amazon KFDOWI douglas MAC 78:e1:03:12:96:ae and that information has led me here. I do not have knowledge of computer programing. I just want to be sure my computer is still secure. I did just purchase an Amazon Fire 8 HD and downloaded an Xfinity app to stream on it from my internet. Could this be it and is it secure? I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 02 Oct, 2017 05:42 PM

Hi,

I don't think that this issue relates to the Geekbench application in any way. It sounds like there is an Amazon device with the model identifier KFDOWI connected to your network. If you don't expect a device matching that description to be connected to your network, I would recommend reviewing your network settings to ensure that your wifi has a strong password, that your devices aren't configured to connect to other devices without your permission, etc. There are a number of good guides for network security online which may help to address your concern.

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac