Geekbench 4 Internal Timer Error

Jim P.

14 Sep, 2017 06:08 PM

Error message: "Internal Timer Error detected". ..."detected a 1.48s difference between the clock and the high-resolution timer..."
I've seen this error discussed in older posts, but couldn't find any resolution. I have a new Dell Precision system, no overclocking.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 14 Sep, 2017 10:02 PM

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue. Would you mind providing the the version number of Geekbench, the test that you were performing, and whether or not you were executing this test in Geekbench 4 Pro's command line interface or not? From there, we can take a closer look at the issue on our end.

Regards,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by James Prieger on 14 Sep, 2017 10:56 PM

Geekbench 4.1.1I used the app (tryout mode), not the command line.But I think I solved it. For some reason my computer was running on a single processor. I forced it to use all 8 processors, and now the benchmark runs just fine.
        On Thursday, September 14, 2017, 3:02:07 PM PDT, Colin <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac