Low Crypto scores with 7600k

Peripatetic

04 Sep, 2017 09:54 PM

My geekbench 4 scores are showing odd/low Crypto scores, especially with the multi-core score. Single core is 3,572 for Crypto and Multi is 8,027. Other 7600k machines shows a crypto for multi that is about double -- 14k-16k. I have AES enabled in BIOS. Is there anything else that could be limiting/bringing down the score. I'm baffled.

The single-core AES is at 2.7 GB/s, which is about average for the 7600k, but multi-core is only 6 GB/s, compared to roughly 11 GB/s for other 7600k.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 07 Sep, 2017 02:05 PM

Hello,

I am not sure what would be causing this issue. Could you link your results in the Geekbench Browser so that I could take a closer look?

Regards,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by Peripatetic on 07 Sep, 2017 02:09 PM

Hi Colin -- Thanks for the response -- and a timely one too.

I just added 16GB of RAM to my machine just this morning, bringing the total to 24GB, and for some reason that fixed my problem.

Here's the old score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3903673

And here's the new one this morning: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3921610

3. 3 Posted by heronewb on 23 Dec, 2017 03:00 AM

Geekbench never give a straight answer as to whether more ram, or faster ram improves the geekbench score of a CPU, but this further looks like it does. I have a similar issue where my cpu (8700k) is scoring way lower than its supposed to (scores 21,000 instead of 30,000), and similarly, my crypto and memory score seem to be the issue. I will try to upgrade my RAM from 8gb to 16gb and see if that changes the score.

4. 4 Posted by heronewb on 24 Dec, 2017 07:55 AM

Can confirm it was the RAM. I had a single 8gb stick and changed it for 2 4gb sticks in dual channel mode and my geekbench scores went to like by 50%. Ridiculous.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac