Geekbench scores

DreaDerex

02 Aug, 2017 03:18 PM

Hi,

I noticed that on the geekbench 4 benchmarks for mac, a MacBook Pro (13-inch retina Early 2015) out performs my HP Spectre x360 (13 inch 2016). Im curious how geekbench works, because I have an i7-6500U while the MacBook Pro has an i5-5287U, a step down in intel's lineup and down one generation too. Also, the spectre has 16gb or ram while the MacBook only has 8gb.

The scores are as following:
MacBook Pro: 3925/7433
Spectre x360: 3658/7292

Anyone know why the Macbook performs better even with older and less powerful hardware?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 24 Aug, 2017 07:19 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your message, and I apologize for the slow response. Low scores can be caused by a variety of factors, including having other apps open while running Geekbench or the device being on low power mode. If the unexpected results persist, you may consider taking the device to your local service centre to investigate for any hardware issues.

There is some additional information on how to interpret Geekbench scores on our website here.

Regards,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac