Geekbench 4 dies on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 7

Roman

23 Jul, 2017 03:48 PM

Tested multiple times on clean just installed factory firmware. It dies after about 3/4 of work done. Worked fine on Android 6, but after upgrade it's impossible to use the app

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 28 Jul, 2017 04:13 AM

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this issue caused you. Geekbench 4.1.1 includes several changes that improve the stability of Geekbench. Could you download Geekbench 4.1.1 and let me know if it still crashes on your tablet?

2. 2 Posted by Roman on 28 Jul, 2017 05:58 AM

Geekbench 4.1.1 still crashes at about 85% of its work

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 28 Jul, 2017 08:41 PM

We're unable to reproduce the issue on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 we have in the office. Could you send me a screenshot of the device information that Geekbench displays on launch?

Thanks,
    John

4. 4 Posted by Roman on 29 Jul, 2017 04:09 AM

Hi. Sure. See the attachment

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 30 Jul, 2017 03:25 AM

Thanks for the screenshot. We have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 which has a different SoC (Qualcomm Snapdragon instead of Samsung Exynos). We'll see if we can track down a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 so we can reproduce (and hopefully fix!) the issue.

6. 6 Posted by drosen on 30 Jul, 2017 05:16 PM

I have the same experience on a tab S2 8.0 (SM-T710) running and android 7.0. Geekbench crashes about 85% of the way through testing. For both the 8inch and the 9.7 inch Tab S2, there are actually 2 models, one with the exynos, and then a later revision with a Qualcomm.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac