Linux VMs in Azure

Victor

22 May, 2017 02:39 PM

It seems something wrong with checking clocks on Ubuntu (Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-78-generic x86_64))
All updates were installed and time synced. And this error occurs sometimes and sometimes its finished successfully

Error:
"Geekbench has detected a 4.31s difference between the clock (305s) and the high-resolution timer (301s) on your system. Since this difference can affect benchmark results, Geekbench will not display the benchmark results."

Victor

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 28 Jul, 2017 05:28 AM

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you recall what sort of instance (e.g., number of cores, memory size, etc) you were running on Azure?

2. 2 Posted by Gaploid on 28 Jul, 2017 12:32 PM

Hi,
    I`ve tested most of Azure VMs and that error occurred on most of them. Sometimes I need to reboot VM few times to fix that. here is the list of test VMs http://azureprice.net/Home/Performance most of the time that occurs with 1-2 cores VMs

28.07.2017, 08:29, "John" <[email blocked]>:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you recall what sort of instance (e.g., number of cores, memory size, etc) you were running on Azure?

On Mon, May 22 at 07:39 AM PDT, Victor wrote:

It seems something wrong with checking clocks on Ubuntu (Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-78-generic x86_64))
    All updates were installed and time synced. And this error occurs sometimes and sometimes its finished successfully

Error:
    "Geekbench has detected a 4.31s difference between the clock (305s) and the high-resolution timer (301s) on your system. Since this difference can affect benchmark results, Geekbench will not display the benchmark results."

Victor

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Linux VMs in Azure.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

-- 
    with best regards

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac