GPU tests not working on Mac

david young

08 Mar, 2017 03:00 PM

hello just payed for and installed GB4 on a MacBook pro, GPU tests don't appear to be working please advise. CPU tests working fine thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ariella on 08 Mar, 2017 03:05 PM

Hi David,

Could you please give me more information on your current situation? What sort of error messages are you receiving and what are the spec of your computer. The GPU test is located in the Compute tab on the left hand side of the program. Please try to run it with all other apps closed, and your device connected to power. If the problem persists, let me know and I will look into it further.

Best,
    Ariella
    Primate Labs Inc.

2. 2 Posted by david.j.young on 08 Mar, 2017 03:25 PM

Hello Ariella,

Thanks for the prompt and courteous reply. I’ve attached a screenshot of the GPU (Compute) image, on the windows version I can select the GPU to test, as well as the test type (OpenCL, CUDA). I am not given that option on the MAC. When I press the Run Compute Benchmark button the screen goes away and immediately returns.

Here’s a link to the CPU tests which were successfully run. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2040421

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again,

David Young

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ariella on 08 Mar, 2017 04:20 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I'm going to file this with our engineering team so they can take a look at it. My apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you! As soon as I have more information about this, I'll follow up with you. In the meantime, please try a system reboot. If it does start to work, please let me know.

All the best,
    Ariella
    Primate Labs Inc.

4. 4 Posted by david.j.young on 08 Mar, 2017 04:23 PM

Hello Ariella,

I tried the reboot, same results, thanks.

David Young

5. 5 Posted by timothycampanis on 22 Mar, 2017 07:37 PM

Hello I am having the exact same issue. Was a solution found?

6. 6 Posted by matt on 30 Mar, 2017 03:39 AM

Also having the same issue here. The test seems to get through Sobel and then as soon as Histogram Equalization begins the test quits, but the application remains open.

7. 7 Posted by Robert Nowell on 30 Mar, 2017 05:13 AM

I can't run it either.... it doesn't allow me to select a Compute API or a Compute Device. At the bottom of the window it says...

"No compatible compute devices found"

8. 8 Posted by matt on 30 Mar, 2017 05:34 AM

In my case, I'm able to click the "Run Compute Benchmark" button, but the test fails shortly afterward.

9. 9 Posted by timothycampanis on 30 Mar, 2017 07:10 AM

It is because of NVIDIA web drivers

TAC

10. 10 Posted by Andreas Michala... on 02 Apr, 2017 12:56 PM

Tried V 4.1. OS X El Capitan , Nvidia Web drivers (newest), CUDA drivers newest
    Same, only OpenCL compute rnns well (14000 Result)
    CUDA - click run does nothing, no error message, also nothing in the console log!!!
    Metal (new) - same as CUDA, run does nothing, no error messagealso nothing in the console log!!!
    Metal in generall works for me, no problems running some Metal benches.
    Same is for CUDA. no problems.
    I
    I think there should be some debug code added to figure out what goes wrong.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac