Geekbench3 Vs Geekbench4

Ramakrishnan Sivakumar

09 Feb, 2017 10:12 PM

1. Are Geekbench3 and Geekbench4 scores comparable?
2. Are there any major changes in the way the scores are calculated that a user should know?
I ask this because I don’t see a difference in the multi core score with reduction in processor core count. I have seen the difference in scores in Geekbench3.

1. 1 Posted by Ariella on 10 Feb, 2017 02:26 PM

Hi Krishna,
    ​ ​Geekbench 3 and Geekbench 4 scores are not comparable. This is because Geekbench 4 not only uses a different baseline to calculate it's scores, but it also runs new and updated CPU and GPU workloads. You can read more about these workloads here, and here. ​ ​Regards, ​Ariella

2. Ariella closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2017 02:26 PM.

3. Sivakumar, Ramakrishnan re-opened this discussion on 10 Feb, 2017 05:59 PM

4. 2 Posted by Sivakumar, Rama... on 10 Feb, 2017 05:59 PM

I don’t see a difference in the multi core score with reduction in processor core count. Is this expected with Geekbench 4.

I have seen the difference in scores in Geekbench3.

Thanks
    Krishna

5. 3 Posted by Ariella on 10 Feb, 2017 06:20 PM

Hi Krishna,

There are many factors that can effect score results, even when running the test on the same machine. Can you send your device specs?

Ariella

6. 4 Posted by Sivakumar, Rama... on 10 Feb, 2017 09:27 PM

I am running the test on Broadwell server under the same settings. With Geekbench3 when I reduce my core count to half there will be an impact on the Multi core score. But with Geekbench4 reducing the core count is not impacting the score.

Thanks
    Krishna

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac