Battery test, Geekbench 4

Alfred Freeman

31 Jan, 2017 05:40 PM

I specifically bought Geekbench4 to test my iPhone, battery, its not available yet, but its available in Geekbench 3, am I eligible to download an older version?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by A on 04 Jan, 2018 02:02 PM

From what I've gathered so far the benchmarks are pretty much useless. Not because they're badly made, but because of lack of documentation.

Most people don't want to "compare" their battery to a completely different model of phone, because all you can conclude from that seems to be whether the other phone has a more energy efficient processor. More work has been done. Who cares? The interesting question is how it compares to batteries with similar age and cycle count — information that apple has made unavailable to apps. Therefore there needs to be some kind of official benchmark of a brand new battery for a certain phone model.

I'm interested in comparing two of my own batteries in one device, but I couldn't even interpret the discharge diagram after getting clarification here. "their rate of performing work was near a work assignment threshold" — where does this threshold come from? Who defined it? How does that mechanism work? I have no idea, and still it impacts the graph enormously, leaving me unable to interpret it.

When I end up with batteries of different age performing the same I need to be able to make sense of the additional information in the benchmark report in order to understand why. One "score" just doesn't cut it in those cases.

2. 32 Posted by Ted Kapp on 04 Jan, 2018 02:08 PM

Please #ignore to Unsubscribe me.

Ted Kapp
    630 674 1815
    [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 33 Posted by Colin on 05 Jan, 2018 07:46 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. We will be releasing additional documentation for the Battery Benchmark to help address some of your questions. I'll let you know as soon as I can once we've released more detailed instructions. In the mean time, thank you for your patience.

@Ted, You will likely need to access the support forums and unsubscribe from notifications for this conversation directly in order to stop receiving emails. If you run into any trouble with this process, please let me know.

@David, Double the score corresponds to double the performance for CPU, Compute, and Battery benchmarks.

@Wes, the battery benchmark cannot be run in the background, and the device running it must have its screen on for the duration of the test.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac