Battery test, Geekbench 4

Alfred Freeman

31 Jan, 2017 05:40 PM

I specifically bought Geekbench4 to test my iPhone, battery, its not available yet, but its available in Geekbench 3, am I eligible to download an older version?

1. 1 Posted by Ariella on 31 Jan, 2017 10:07 PM

Hi Alfred,

We're hoping to re-release a battery test for iOS in the future but as of right now we don't have an exact timeline of when that will be available. If you do want a refund, you will need to request one from the Apple App Store, in your "purchase history" page. If you have any other questions feel free to email us at [email blocked]

Thanks,
    Ariella

2. 2 Posted by Hunter926 on 20 Jul, 2017 06:20 PM

This is why I bought it as well...
    Is there a reason why it's not included now?

3. 3 Posted by Alf Toy on 20 Jul, 2017 07:06 PM

Not sure. No explanation.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 28 Jul, 2017 04:15 AM

We're working on an update to the battery test. It's in the final stages of testing, and should be available late August. Thank you for your patience, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

5. 5 Posted by Deetz on 07 Sep, 2017 08:33 PM

It's September now and we're still waiting. Is there a timeline for Android devices too?

6. 6 Posted by Dong on 20 Sep, 2017 09:34 AM

It's already September and ios11 is out yet Battery Test module in Geekbench 4 is not yet released???

7. 7 Posted by Alf Toy on 21 Sep, 2017 12:51 AM

I am not the developer.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Colin on 27 Sep, 2017 08:55 PM

Thank you to everyone for your patience. Though release of the battery test was delayed, it is still in production and should be released soon as part of a Geekbench update.

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

9. 9 Posted by andrej.schnitko on 02 Oct, 2017 12:40 PM

Can you say the approximate release date of battery test?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Colin on 02 Oct, 2017 05:01 PM

We are aiming to release the battery test update within the first half of this month.

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

11. 11 Posted by A on 20 Oct, 2017 06:19 PM

I can't see any signs of a battery test in the description or on the screenshots in the Appstore. What's the status of this feature?

I'm interested in comparing the performance of two batteries on the same device (original and third party), preferrably from 100% to device shutdown.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Colin on 23 Oct, 2017 08:44 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The battery benchmark feature is nearing completion, and should be provided in the next major Geekbench update.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

13. 13 Posted by Ashley on 10 Nov, 2017 03:55 PM

If anyone else is interested, the latest iOS version (4.2.0) does include the battery benchmark.

14. 14 Posted by P on 30 Nov, 2017 03:06 AM

Ashley, can you please describe the battery test functionality?

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Colin on 30 Nov, 2017 03:22 PM

Hi,

The battery benchmark available in 4.2.0 allows you to measure the battery performance of a device by measuring its rate of battery discharge as it completes a consistent load of processor-intensive tasks.

You can run the battery benchmark by selecting either the partial discharge mode (which runs for approximately 3 hours or until the device discharges) or the full discharge mode (which runs from 100% battery level until the device discharges). The battery benchmark provides a score along with a confidence level, which is affected by how long the battery benchmark ran for, as well as some details such as a graph of your device's battery level over time and how the workload was modified over time (if at all) to provide consistent activity.

All the best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

16. 16 Posted by icalic on 02 Dec, 2017 03:18 PM

hello primatelabs, with this test how can interpret score. for example iphone 8 plus score 9723 and 7 plus score 6716. iphone 8 plus 44% more efficient or what?

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Colin on 04 Dec, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi icalic,

Geekbench 4 scores are scaled so that double the score indicates double the performance, so your interpretation is correct.

Best,
    Colin
    Primate Labs Inc.

18. 18 Posted by John on 10 Dec, 2017 08:32 PM

Hi,

Should your phone be in airplane mode for the duration of the test, or does this not make a difference in the results?

19. 19 Posted by A on 10 Dec, 2017 11:55 PM

I've asked them to add explicit information about airplane modern the app, and in that conversation we agreed that it most probably is beneficial to use airplane mode since some background network activities could have a non-negligible effect.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac