Unable to install Geekbench 4 on Ubuntu

joeshockey

09 Jan, 2017 02:31 AM

I am having problems installing Geekbench. According to this page http://geekbench.com/download/linux/ I simply double-click the download file to install. What I get is an unpacked directory called build.pulse. What I am supposed to do with that? There are no other instructions, and I can not find ANY documentation anywhere. Any help wouold be appreciated.

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz x 2
Memory: 2.9 GiB

1. 1 Posted by stephendt0 on 14 Jan, 2017 11:14 AM

I'm having the exact same issue. I can't even run any of the files in Geekbench-4.0.4-Linux via the terminal, just says command not found, which makes sense considering they don't appear to be packed as an executable. I too would like some more information on how to install or run Geekbench 4 on Linux. I found this knowledge base article but it is hopelessly out of date.

http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/installing-geekbench-on-linux

2. 2 Posted by stephendt0 on 12 Feb, 2017 09:51 AM

Anyone? I can see that people are running tests on Linux, so I know it can be done... same issue for me here on 32bit and 64bit Linux.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ariella on 14 Feb, 2017 07:44 PM

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, and for any inconvenience this problem may have caused. Could you provide me with more information about your situation? What command are you running when attempting to install and what sort of error messages are you receiving?

Best,
    Ariella

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac