Mac App Store license

Stefan

25 Mar, 2016 11:26 PM

Hello!
I purchased Geekbench 3 form my mac via the App Store awhile ago & I recently noticed it has not been updated to the current version (3.4.1). I was wondering if there would be any way to send you guys proof of purchase & get a license key so that I can download/install the newest version?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Vaclav on 28 Mar, 2016 02:02 PM

Same here, I too just noticed that you silently pulled Geekbench from Mac App Store, with no communication to the existing users. Not very cool, especially when I bought it only recently :(

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 02 May, 2016 03:58 PM

Hi folks,

Thank you for your messages and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The last couple of updates to Geekbench for OS X have not affected the Mac App Store version (e.g., the Sparkle security update). Coupled with the new issues we've encountered with the review process for the Mac App Store version we've decided to keep the Mac App Store version at 3.3.4 which is functionality equivalent to 3.4.1.

If you'd like to convert your Mac App Store license to a regular license please send your receipt to [email blocked] and we'd be happy to convert the license for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help out.

Best,
    John

3. 3 Posted by vaclav on 02 May, 2016 04:11 PM

I see, but it’s unfortunately not at all clear from the changelog (which only vaguely mentions “security fix”).

Sending an email to “email blocked” is a bit challenging, too ;)

Regards,
    Václav

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 02 May, 2016 04:20 PM

Hi Vaclav,

Huh, I didn't realize our support software blocks email addresses.

Please send your receipt to support at primatelabs dot com and we'll convert it to a regular license.

Best,
    John

5. 5 Posted by vaclav on 02 May, 2016 04:21 PM

Hi John,

Funny you suggest that, that’s exactly what I did on 19th April. Never received as much as a reply…

6. Sangeeta Thomas closed this discussion on 08 Dec, 2016 07:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac