GLIBCXX_3.4.11

Randall Smith

02 Jun, 2014 06:08 PM

Prior to upgrading and re-configuring our compute cluster, I want to use Geekbench 3.1.6 ( purchased today, 6/2/2014) to capture the current performance of each node in the system. The problem is the current configuration uses RedHat Linux 5.8, we cannot make any changes to the current environment and Geekbench 3.1.6 requires libstdc++.so.6 versions GLIBCXX_3.4.9 and GLIBCXX_3.4.11. Is there a statically linked version of Geekbench 3.1.6 available or some other method I can use to run Geekbench 3.1.6 on the current configuration? Geekbench 3.X provides several single-threaded bench marks we are interested in.

./geekbench ./geekbench: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./geekbench) ./geekbench: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: versionGLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./geekbench)

1. 1 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 02 Jun, 2014 07:39 PM

RHEL 6 is the lowest supported version.

Fetch its libraries, put them in the directory of geekbench, and run geekbench this way:

$ export LD_PRELOAD=./

$ ./geekbench

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 23 Jun, 2014 05:34 PM

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your message. Artem is correct — RHEL 6 is the lowest supported version of Geekbench 3. Due to licensing issues we cannot provide a statically linked build of Geekbench 3.

If Artem's suggestion doesn't work you could try running Geekbench 2 instead. While Geekbench 2 and Geekbench 3 scores are not comparable Geekbench 2 does support a wider range of operating systems. You can download Geekbench 2 here:

http://www.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help out.

Best,
    John

3. 3 Posted by JJ on 22 Aug, 2014 12:36 PM

I have purchased geekbench 3.

Is there an option or possibility for me to statically compile geekbench so I can make it more portable for my use.

I am sure getting the source for this is a touchy subject, but making a portable executable is very important for me to be able to collect all the porformance information I'd like to across all the servers I'd like to benchmark.

Thanks for considering this.

JJ

4. 4 Posted by Artem S. Tashki... on 22 Aug, 2014 03:27 PM

Both glibc and libstdc++ can be linked statically ( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3214168/linking-statically-with-glibc-and-libstdc ) so it's really up to the Primate Labs whether they will want to provide you with such binaries or not.

If I were them, I would provide intermediate .o files and a Makefile to build the final application but so far I haven't seen anyone doing that aside from some hardware vendors (NVIDIA, AMD and some others). The shim to talk to the kernel must be GPLed, but there's no such limitation in regard to user space applications and these two libraries.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 27 Sep, 2014 04:39 PM

Thank you for your patience.

We're actively investigating ways we can support Geekbench 3 on RHEL 5. We expect we'll have this support in place for Geekbench 3.3 which should be available by the end of October.

6. 6 Posted by Cyrille on 22 Feb, 2016 07:11 AM

Hello,

Is there now a version of Geekbench 3 for RHEL 5 ?

Thanks in advance,
    Cyrille

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac